in the old days dudes would come up an compliment/ask about your tonez...

thefallacy

• Members

I bet you I could rock that {censored} out today and people be still sying how gud it be sounding. just saying.

I don't thik you need gearz at all, just need to know how to turn knobs.

Little steroe {censored} effects and a couple of {censored} amps.

• Members

First of all, yes i played thru PVs and Crates excluvisely in my teens(early 90's) and no,.no one ever cared about tone. As long as it was heavy everyone loved it. To this day despite sounding better, only a handful of losers ever said {censored} about the tone.

• Members
To this day despite sounding better, only a handful of losers ever said {censored} about the tone.

spirit of the OP :thu:

used to play through {censored} and get a lot of compliments....now sweat over every last frequency and spend billions on gearz and for what? :idk::D maybe you should go back to PV and Crate....and get you a PUE-5 as well :D;)

• Members
Metal Zone and HM-2 through a Peavey Bandit. Enough said.

why HCmApzForums at all then? I mean seriously?

we all being bamboozled by the manufacturers? :idk:

Just a rotating door of cash so that we can all TRY to get back to the toanz that we all remerber, AND got complimets on from when we were 13yrold?

• Members

spirit of the OP
:thu:

used to play through {censored} and get a lot of compliments....now sweat over every last frequency and spend billions on gearz and for what?
:idk::D
maybe you should go back to PV and Crate....and get you a PUE-5 as well
:D;)

Still use PVs and even on this forum i get compliments on tone. Ive never left the simplicity of what always worked. this place knows {censored}!!! Gahaha

• Members
Still use PVs and even on this forum i get compliments on tone. Ive never left the simplicity of what always worked. this place knows {censored}!!! Gahaha

PV is one thing, certainly a 90toob180 is still a long stretch from the old days of the Bandit, no? Im mean just becuase they still put a "presence" knob on there don't make it "simplicity" does it? :idk:

• Members

why HCmApzForums at all then? I mean seriously?

we all being bamboozled by the manufacturers?
:idk:

Just a rotating door of cash so that we can all TRY to get back to the toanz that we all remerber, AND got complimets on from when we were 13yrold?

The same reason I don't drive a car made in 1991.

• Members
This was my fisrt ever amp, and no.

The Gain tonez on This amp sounded like ass

that's kind of what I was thinking.

Although I took off the grille on both and covered both with some matching gothics fabrics from hancocks, so no one really knew exactly what I was playing through...only way you could tell was that one blue knob on one of them. :o

Otherwise dudez were all like, what is that awesome amps you playing through to get incredible toans?

• Members

1984_Peavey_Bandit_65_-_sm.jpg

To anyone who says that an 80's Peavey Bandit (read again: an 80's Peavey Bandit) sounded anything other than like absolute steaming dog{censored}?

Your opinion is absolutely null and void on all matters regarding good tone, forever.

Those {censored}ing amps were atrocious.

• Members

i dunno.. set up well (i.e. clean), i had a blue knob pv 212 and it sounded alright. sure wasn't the greatest sounding amp-- but it did it's job. with good pedals in front of it, sure wasn't anything to complain about, especially considering the investment.

i think user error is usually afoot when they're considered awful. theres a whole lotta guys STILL rocking those things playing country music.. recently saw a cat with one with a JBL in it that sounded downright great.

Archived