Man , wait till you guys see this:

riffy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really appreciate that my friends! I would really get in trouble if I posted the email.

Gary

But it's ok for you to post that the amp is coming? I don't get it...is there some inside info in the email that we can't see, or is it something else? Not that I don't believe you that it's coming...just seems strange that you can boast about an email form Mesa about a new product, but you can't actually provide an email.

Not trying to be a dick here, just curious as to why you can't post the email.

• Members

But it's ok for you to post that the amp is coming? I don't get it...is there some inside info in the email that we can't see, or is it something else? Not that I don't believe you that it's coming...just seems strange that you can boast about an email form Mesa about a new product, but you can't actually provide an email.

There's a relative anonymity posting on a message board. If he posted the email, MB could possibly narrow down who leaked the info.

There may have been cost discussions in there too.

I don't mind not having the email...I don't think he would leave any important details out...:thu:

• Members

This is correct in all accounts.

There's a relative anonymity posting on a message board. If he posted the email, MB could possibly narrow down who leaked the info.

I don't mind not having the email...I don't think he would leave any important details out...
:thu:

• Members

I don't mind not having the email...I don't think he would leave any important details out...

Fair enough :thu: I can see that. Gary, are you a dealer or customer on their mailing list? Even without the email, I believe you..haha. I'm pretty excited about this. I also want to try the and the Baron Amps Snot Watt.

• Members

I didn't 'boast' about it. I was asked and simply told the truth as to where I got the information.

• Members

Fair enough
I can see that. Gary, are you a dealer or customer on their mailing list? Even without the email, I believe you..haha. I'm pretty excited about this. I also want to try the and the Baron Amps Snot Watt.

Dealer

• Members
So you're saying that they wouldnt sell more 2c+'s than recs? I know it'll never actually happen.

Well, I wasn't so much talking to that point, but considering that Rectifier production has already far surpassed MkIIC+ production it would be a safe bet. In fact Recto production may have surpassed total production of all Mk series amps in their entirety.

BTW, that does not mean one amp is superior to the other, it's more a credit to the success of the Recto's marketing than anything. The MkIIC+ is a cult classic with metal heads and cock rock fans, whereas the Rectifier series is a market dominating monster that is favored by artists of pretty much every genre that is not mostly acoustic based, including country. And yes, I know some country guys love Mk series amps too, just making a point.

But I digress, your original post alluded to Mesa having a problem selling "some" amps, which since the Dual Rectifier came out is about as far from reality as you can get and still inhabit this universe. That is what I was talking about.

Also, your avatar, I want MOAR. :love:

• Members

Why not a single EL34 or 6L6 running in Class A instead?

Take this for what it is worth, which isn't much; a single ended Class A power amp has a tremendous amount of

sag when you are running it loud. Maybe with the EL84 tubes, in Class AB doesn't sag as much as the Class A scenario??

• Members

Take this for what it is worth, which isn't much; a single ended Class A power amp has a tremendous amount of

sag when you are running it loud. Maybe with the EL84 tubes, in Class AB doesn't sag as much as the Class A scenario??

My understanding is that sag is due to tube rectification not being able to keep a constant power supply available when lower notes are hit. So I'm assuming that in a Class A amp it would also depend upon the rectifier. The THD Univalve, for example, didn't have a tremendous amount of sag.

• Members

I have to admit, I don't know enough about the subject to be authoritative on it by any means.

But, as a case in point, take a JTM 45 Marshall. Using a solid state rectifier, when you get the volume up on the amp,

the power tubes and transformer saturate, which sounds a lot to me like almost the same sag that you get from a tube rectifier as well.

Then again, as I said, I am not as well versed in the subject as I need to be to make any type of definitive statements.

Gary

Archived