iPhone vid of our most recent gig with the Cyclone

guitarbilly74

• Members

Why won't you be using it anymore? Sounds excellent.

oh no, I will be using it as my main amp for now on. By "last gig" I meant it was the most recent gig I played with it. Maybe I should fix the title lol

It sounds SO massive. I had my channel volume maxed but my master volume was on 0.8 on this video and it is crazy loud. :love::lol:

• Members

Yes that's cab I was not so sure about keeping. It doesn't sound so good with the JCA but with the Randall it kills
:)

Well whatever you've got going for this gig is a keeper. Sounds very very good. Some of your guitar riffs reminded me of old school Tool...and that's certainly not a bad thing. :)

• Members

Sounds HUGE. Are you officially done with tubes now? Are you going to sell the Jet City?

No, the Jet City and the Marshall are not going anywhere. As good as the Randall sounds, it's not a versatile amp at all. It does either super clean or super heavy, the mid-gain, rock tones on this amp are kinda weak. So I still need tube amps for that. But as far as heavy tones are concerned, this is it for me :)

• Members

Pretty bad-ass dude, word of advice, i had an eardrum ruptured by a drummer like yours, those cymbles will fry your ears, i'd recommend earplugs.
:thu:

I hear you (no pun intended lol ). We're a loud band. I do use earplugs during practices but for live shows I normally just play without them, I love the volume but I know I need to be careful.

Archived