OT: First Sneak Peek at Gibson Faded V Refinish

JerEvil

• Members

Bound ebony fretboard is on!!! You can see the chrome pick up rings on there as well. He is filling some of the route as I opted, per I BELIEVE Ovid's suggestion, to go with the 50's pickguard. Also you can see the input has been re-routed to the inside of the bottom wing.

He is finishing up the route and will be painting in the next day or two.

They are just {censored}ty cell phone pics. He took more actual pics of the entire process up until now and is taking more as he makes progress. I will do a proper thread when it is finished.

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

• Members

What colour you having it?

Plastic "chrome" pickup rings are a one way ticket to tasteless
:p

It's gonna take a great colour to pull them off IMO.

Those are metal like the ones on my old KE2. Colour (see what I did there - :poke:) is called Obsidian Black Pearl. It is a metallic black with some green, gold and red flake but not gaudy like the GMW guitars. Pickguard/truss rod cover is also going to be black pearl. Not the more gray/blue looking stuff. The sheet he bought is very dark.

I must say, I am glad I went with the trapezoid inlays instead of the blocks.

• Members

This is gonna kick ass, dude!
:love:

Thanks brutha. :thu:

Best of all is that this guitar literally cost me next to nothing thanks go Craigslist. To get the guitar and do all the work still cost below what a used USA Gibby V (not faded) cost.

• Members

I'd love to see that!

Fo sure. I gotta take same pics with some good light so the color comes out. I stained the maple top, it was a 3 piece top typical for paint grade, a dark green that fades to a dark blue burst. I'll make a thread tmro.

• Members

Bound ebony fretboard is on!!! You can see the chrome pick up rings on there as well. He is filling some of the route as I opted, per I BELIEVE Ovid's suggestion, to go with the 50's pickguard. Also you can see the input has been re-routed to the inside of the bottom wing.

He is finishing up the route and will be painting in the next day or two.

They are just {censored}ty cell phone pics. He took more actual pics of the entire process up until now and is taking more as he makes progress. I will do a proper thread when it is finished.

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

Woop de {censored}ing do..

Archived