Best NFL QB?

Crunchtime

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would go with Rodgers, then Brady and Manning as well (if healthy)

Tony Romo is a good NFL QB (I would say hes in the 6-9 'range' out of 32 starters) he can look GREAT for several series, read the D and make some smart decisions and great throws (game 2 weeks ago he was great -- tough and gritty and then the Lions game, WTF???) and then theres moments the wheels fall off, he really is a good QB just no top 3 and there are times i want to throw my {censored}ing remote at the TV with him :mad:

Watch the colts 'throw the season" (no Manning is a good excuse) and get Mathew Luck from Standford and have Manning teach/school him and be a great player for 12-15 years, perfect scenerio for them

:cop:

• Members

What is Tony Romo doing on this list, Sheesh.

I think Drew Brees belongs on the list, and how did you forget Peyton Manning.

Still Tom Brady gets my vote.

Sorry for restating what others have said just as well, I really need to read the thread before I post, DOH :facepalm:

• Members
Watch the colts 'throw the season" (no Manning is a good excuse) and get Mathew Luck from Standford and have Manning teach/school him and be a great player for 12-15 years, perfect scenerio for them

:cop:

Huh....I have no idea who this Matthew Luck kid is - what's he studying there at Standford (and are they at all related to Stanford, the closest thing the west coast has to an Ivy League school)? That Andrew Luck guy from Stanford, however, is a helluva player, and apparently quite a bright kid too.

• Members

Huh....I have no idea who this Matthew Luck kid is - what's he studying there at Standford (and are they at all related to Stanford, the closest thing the west coast has to an Ivy League school)? That Andrew Luck guy from Stanford, however, is a helluva player, and apparently quite a bright kid too.

:lol:

• Members

Andy Dalton from Cincinnati will be the best QB in the NFL in 3 years.

He is one of only 4 NFL QB's to win their first start on the road.

Him and Marino are the only QBs ever to have 100+ passer ratings in their 1st 2 starts.

He already has led a poor Bengals team to 2 wins, that only won 4 all last year.

The kid already reads defenses like a 10 year pro, he is dramatically better than Carson Palmer, and he was pretty good, not great NFL QB for a lot of years(4000 yds and 26tds last year when people swore he was washed up).

Neither Aaron Rodgers with the funky California Ted Tedford release, or Brady were actually able to step in from their first games as rookies and play as well as Dalton. They both needed molding and maturation.

Also, Cam {censored}ing Newton. Him and Dalton will go down as 2 of the greatest rookie QBs ever, and are destined to meet in a Superbowl.

• Members

Andy Dalton from Cincinnati will be the best QB in the NFL in 3 years.

He is one of only 4 NFL QB's to win their first start on the road.

Him and Marino are the only QBs ever to have 100+ passer ratings in their 1st 2 starts.

He already has led a poor Bengals team to 2 wins, that only won 4 all last year.

The kid already reads defenses like a 10 year pro, he is dramatically better than Carson Palmer, and he was pretty good, not great NFL QB for a lot of years(4000 yds and 26tds last year when people swore he was washed up).

Neither Aaron Rodgers with the funky California Ted Tedford release, or Brady were actually able to step in from their first games as rookies and play as well as Dalton. They both needed molding and maturation.

Also, Cam {censored}ing Newton. Him and Dalton will go down as 2 of the greatest rookie QBs ever, and are destined to meet in a Superbowl.

I've been high on Dalton since he was in college. I think he will be a legitimately great QB in the NFL. People get so hung up on arm strength, but really - how many times are you going to need to throw the ball more than 20 yards in the air? 5 times a game maybe? Out of 30+ passes per game? Accuracy trumps arm strength every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Cam, I think, will have a ceiling. The Panthers are playing street ball right now, and that caters to him, but at some point, defenses will be able to account for that and he likely won't have a plan B. We'll see.

• Members

Best QB right now? Aaron Rodgers hands {censored}ing down, then Manning, then Brees, then Brady.

ok so someone that is not even playing this season is better than Brady who has the best stats currently this year?!?! are we talking about current active players or just any QB to ever play football? the patriots defense sucks but brady clearly is having the best season so far, especially compared to someone who hasnt even played a game yet and probably wont this year.

manning has had multiple neck surgeries now, how can you be so confident given his age that he 1) will even come back and 2) be as good as he was?

• Members

ok so someone that is not even playing this season is better than Brady who has the best stats currently this year?!?! are we talking about current active players or just any QB to ever play football? the patriots defense sucks but brady clearly is having the best season so far, especially compared to someone who hasnt even played a game yet and probably wont this year.

manning has had multiple neck surgeries now, how can you be so confident given his age that he 1) will even come back and 2) be as good as he was?

Lets just say NFL QBs currently on NFL rosters. We don't know Manning is really done. And I would bet with how much that dude loves the game, he's not.

• Members

rogers is playing better than anybody else right now. He isnt in bradys or mannings league yet as far as overall accomplishments but if you were selecting an all nfl 2011 team, hes the starter.

Brady's numbers are still better this year. Historically and currently, Brady is a beast. Rodgers is also a beast... just playing in the shadow of one of the best quarterbacks to ever step on the field.

• Members

if brady had the packers defense on his side i think everyone would be voting for him. his numbers are better than rodgers even with ocho cinco dropping balls and not contributing. he is still at the top of his game and has much more experience than any other QB on the list.

• Members

Brady's numbers are still better this year. Historically and currently, Brady is a beast. Rodgers is also a beast... just playing in the shadow of one of the best quarterbacks to ever step on the field.

Yeah, but the Pats play fancy boy pulling, shifting, formation football. They got housed by a simple 4-3 in the last Super Bowl they were in. Pats football is weak sauce bull{censored}. They never just line up and say, you and me mother{censored}er, I'm gonna {censored} down your throat, and for that I hate them.

(said with best lisp) They say, I'm gonna line up 2 receivers on this side, a clump over here, a clump over there, running back over there, find the open hole! Pure bull{censored} football.

• Members

Rogers over the last year or so has played his position as well as anybody I have seen play. If and obviously a huge IF, he keeps playing at this level for the next 10 years he is not only going to the HOF but he will be an all time great and in the convo with brady, manning, montana, young, elway, marino. etc etc...

• Members

I have a question. I don't pay attention to college ball at all, but why were we hearing so much about Tim Tebow before he got into the league, and still? Is this kid the messiah or something? He's not even playing right now, but I've been hearing about him forever it seems, much more than say, Cam Newton.

• Members
Actually, for the record, Brady has one more passing touchdown and a few more net yards passing than Rodgers, but Aaron also has two rushing TDs, 3 less INTs and the highest QB rating in the league right now.

Couple hundred extra passing yards is an entire extra game worth of stats :cop:

so every 4 games, Brady is putting up 5 games worth of gaudy stats :lol:

Archived