Anybody else almost go to jail today?

primeholy

• Members

It's exceptionally easy to go to jail. Assuming you mean, going to jail for no reason, it's actually terrifyingly easy. Someone else can tell someone else a completely fabricated story or you can have a friend/aquaintance/coworker who is doing something illegal of which you have no knowledge, or you can defend yourself against a physical threat...I'm sure there are other ways, but that's off the top of my head. The real problem is that you can be prosecuted and quite likely convicted in any of these situations. And, in any of these situations, hope that you're dealing with a state's criminal justice system and not the Feds. If you happen to get arrested by the feds, you've got somewhere between a 0-5% chance of not being convicted. Then, check out sentencing guidelines in the federal system. It's not pretty, I assure you.

• Members

Ok. Here is the let down, and the only fault is mine. I got a speeding ticket a few months ago. I had to go to court since I didnt have my insurance card with me for proof of insurance. When I went to court, the judge told me my fine and gave me a date to have it paid by. I thought the judge said the 24th, but he said the 21st. I go to pay my ticket today. The lady tells me I was supposed to be at court at 9 am(this was a lil after 1) if I hadnt paid my fine already. I tell her"The baliff gave me a peice of paper with the 24th on it". She asks if I have it, and I do! Only it said the 21st. The judge tacked on an extra 95 bucks for my no show, and I didnt have it on me. I couldnt leave to get it, and if I couldnt get someone to bring it to me, I was going to jail. I got ahold of my dad, as my wife is heading back from Charleston S.C., and luckily he was in town to stop his 37 year old son from going to jail. I did get some fatherly advice though. He said "Son, you are almost 40 years old. You shouldnt be speeding!" with a smile. He drives pretty balls to the wall though. This is the first time and hopefully last time my dad has had to keep me, or get me out of jail.

• Members

Be speeding and get caught by a cop whose wife hasn't {censored}ed him for 3 months...

SURPRISINGLY easy to end up calling for a ride...from the county pen.

I guess I am lucky. I was doing 60 in a 35, so I guess if he wanted to, he couldve taken me in, but this is my first ticket in almost 10 years I think. First actual speeding ticket in about 12.

Archived