Been out of navy boot camp for over 3 weeks now. Ask me anything

Boris the Blade

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I reported for Bootcamp at RTC/NTC Great Mistakes in Waukegan January 19th 1981' Company 019 22nd Division, i got in alot of trouble had to do something called MTU [motivational training unit] twice doing Drill with 1903 Bolt-action Springfield rifles, it sucked bad, that was for UA smoking [smoking in the stairwell at 3am].

By the time i Graduated i could pump out 100 proper push-ups in under a minute.

100_0662.jpg

That's my story and i'm sticking to it.......have a fine Navy Day.:thu:

• Members

Ive been stationed on an Army base for the last 4 months;
I don't know why anybody would join the Army.

Different standards I guess...

Because they scored too high on the ASVAB to join the Marines? :poke:

:poke: :cop:

• Members

How do you keep from fallign out of the bunk when the ship is in rough seas? Serious question.

They're stabilised, with gyroscopes. Its pretty {censored}ing cool.

I have no questions. I dont even know why I clicked on the thread.

• Members

Navy vet here 76 to 80. When you get out into the fleet the real fun, err work, will start.

We used to wedge ourselves in our bunk with the mattress, pillows, clothes, whatever it took during extremely rough seas to keep from spilling out onto the floor. I was on a fast frigate, a sub hunter, which is the size of a destroyer. These are the smaller ships and it was a rougher ride than on the bigger ships like cruisers, carriers, etc.

• Members

How do you keep from fallign out of the bunk when the ship is in rough seas? Serious question.

They have a rack belt. Keep in mind the standard USNavy rack is approx 6ft long by 2.5ft wide by 2 ft tall, I'm 6'3" BTW.

Some of the best sleep I had was on the ship during rough seas.

OP-Enjoy your time and study hard, is it still STG? When you get to the ship, pretend like you care, it will go a long way.

-Dan former FC2(SW) 1994-2000

• Members

Thanks everyone. I am a little nervous about ship life. Hope it won't be too bad. I still can't believe I joined. :o. Yup still STG. Have heard a ton of good things about this rate. I'm surrounded by ET's and FC's. I find them quite annoying. :poke:

Berklee, that guy was kicked out for sexual harassment, lol. Not for being teh ghey.

As for talking on the phone while walking, I got in trouble for that 2weeks ago. Haha.

The weather here in great mistakes already sucks. Cold and rains all the time. A month and a half to go and I'm out of this crappy place. Hate it!!

Tu be! What's going on?? I fly into San Antonio for Christmas break. A mapfest would be pretty sweet. It's been a while! I miss our mapfest crew

Did I get abs? Yeah right. The boot camp was a joke. We didn't do any PT until 3weeks in and when we finally started, it was only an hour a day. We did get dropped a lot, but it was shit like squats, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, 8 counts and occasionally push ups. I half assed IT sessions most of the time because I didn't stand out at all and hated getting punished for the other recruits mistakes. :mad:

Archived