Been out of navy boot camp for over 3 weeks now. Ask me anything

Boris the Blade

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

all the {censored}ing time. my berthing was below water line. it rocks the ship. feels like hitting a speedbump. {censored}ed up part? most of the time its the whales hitting us out of curiosity. ive never seen one injured from it, but it happens. ships slow immediately upon any sonar or visual deteciton of a whale due to international law. i always thought that was funny. billion dollar warship sees a whale and slides to a halt until it passes. if it were a tactical situation though, of course we wouldnt stop.

• Members

all the {censored}ing time. my berthing was below water line. it rocks the ship. feels like hitting a speedbump. {censored}ed up part? most of the time its the whales hitting us out of curiosity. ive never seen one injured from it, but it happens. ships slow immediately upon any sonar or visual deteciton of a whale due to international law. i always thought that was funny. billion dollar warship sees a whale and slides to a halt until it passes. if it were a tactical situation though, of course we wouldnt stop.

You think that is funny? Out at 29 Palms, when we go out to the ranges to conduct Mojave Viper or what have you, there is a certain endangered turtle that lives out in the desert, and if somebody spots one, ALL training must cease. You can't touch it, move it, chase it, nothing. Its kind of funny to see a battalion or a battery or something cease training because of one {censored}ing turtle in the middle of the desert in an impact area.

• Members

Do they have bands on submarines too?

{censored} no. no guitars on subs, sorry. you get to wear sneakers though!!!

actually had fun on a fast attack. was on it for a month. wouldnt want to be on it any longer though. emergency blow was sweet, food was excellent, slept in officer's overflow berth. fired some torpedoes. swim call int he bahamas with lobsterand near-beer (which is surprisingly refreshing if ice cold and youve been swimming in saltwater and have a belly full of lobster) good times.

• Members

I salute you for your service. Former Army POG (person other than grunt btw) Hope you do well. My brother in law who served 8 years USN said Navy is a acronym for "Never Again Volunteer Yourself"

US Army acronym was "Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet" or backwards. "Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up"

Anyway. Pay attention to details. Wake up. Piss excellence. You'll prolly do fine.

• Members

yeah, cranking (what we call it) sucks balls.
i worked chief's mess for a while, that was cool. then trahs room. which was supposed to be very NOT cool, but i didnt do {censored}. i would go sleep and come back and somebody else had done it. was jaded with cranking by that point :lol:

• Members

here is the honest to god truth about what i learned in the US navy:
in no particular order:

-how to act completely sober when drunk. this has actually been documented officially by the VBPD in a focus group, me having hte highest BAC by far and appearing most sober unanimously by several officers. honed those skills on browplanks across the globe.

-how to hook up with chicks at work and get away with it. i suggest not doing this, as it usually ends up badly. i got lucky and it never did. i got lucky A LOT.

-how to "mom an pop" superiors. i.e. tell each boss that the other boss has you doing something very important

-how to amass large gear collections if bored and making money

-how otherworldy cities in the middle east truly are

-how to sleep ANYWHERE

-to love the desolate grey sea unconditionally and yearn for it. no joke

-the actual percentage of douchebags given a crossection of random samplings of the american population

-how to kill large expanses of time

-how to shower in a moving closet without touching ANYTHING

-how to survive on easy mac and PB toast.

-how awesome america truly is

-how {censored}ty america can be

-how narrow yet wide the earth is

-how crazy the world at sea that no one sees is

-how dark night can truly be

-how bright stars really are

-how poerwful nature can be

-how to completely blow 6 years of pay

• Members

oh and boris, go with navy federal, dude. i owe them money and they blow my {censored} up, but its my fault. they are seriously one of the best financial institutions in the country. hands down. and when someone says that about someone they are indebted to, believe that {censored}.

• Members

Pearl Harbor/Oahu 3 times.....

Subic Naval Base/ Clark AFB, Angeles city/ Olongapo Phillipines...3 times

Mombasa Kenya Africa.....

Kadina Japan.....

Perth/Fremantle Western Austalia....

Pattaya Beach Thailand.....

Gonzo Station Diego Garcia Indian Ocean.....

It was kewl considering that while i was visiting these countries, most people i knew back home were working at Hardee's & Pizza Hut making $2 bucks an hour.:lol::lol::lol:

Archived