Halp Plox1!! I can't decide on a Fuzz Paddle.

paul88lx

• Members

As I have mentioned in a few different threads, I've been gassing for a Keeley Fuzz Head. Well, I just spent too much time on Youtube watching Gearmandude vids. Now I want 17 different Fuzz Pedals. Sooooo I am....

Still bonerizing on the Keeley....

Really digging the Way Huge swollen Pickle....

Like, but am not enamored with the Analogman stuff.....

Don't wants teh Big Muff(unless it's girl muff).....

Any other suggestions? Cheap or Boo-teek-ee is fine.

K? Thnx.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I have mentioned in a few different threads, I've been gassing for a Keeley Fuzz Head. Well, I just spent too much time on Youtube watching Gearmandude vids. Now I want 17 different Fuzz Pedals. Sooooo I am....

Still bonerizing on the Keeley....

Really digging the Way Huge swollen Pickle....

Like, but am not enamored with the Analogman stuff.....

Don't wants teh Big Muff(unless it's girl muff).....

Any other suggestions? Cheap or Boo-teek-ee is fine.

K? Thnx.

[video=youtube;k9h2zImIrcA]

• Members

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll be watching and researching from work. But can't poast on the message bourde while there:cry:

Edit; For the sake of too much info....

Here are the amps:

Jcm800 2204

Silverfacetwin

Mesa Subway Rocket Reverb

Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster

Main fiddle is a Levinson Blade Strat with H/S/S.

• Members

for awesome vintage + extra gain. the buffer makes it play nice with certain pedals. cleans up EXCEPTIONALLY well with guitar volume. awesome tone. con: no tone knob

M173Classic108Fuzz-11.png

awesome fuzz tones. {censored} you if you don't like a muff. extra tone blah with the wicker blah.

big-muff-pi-with-tone-wicker.jpg

these are 2 awesome pedals.

• Members

How much fuzz? How crazy? How tight? How crazy? Too many options. I absolutely love my Skreddy Lunar Module but it more of a tight, controlled fuzz. For pure craziness, it would be hard to beat the Blackout Effector Twosome. Had one and it was just too much for me.

• Members

Its all about figuring out which "type" of fuzz you like i.e. Fuzz Face, Muff, Tone Bender etc... and the differences between them.

Muff sounds massive for rhythm and kind of scooped lead tone. It also doesn't clean up with the guitar volume well.

Fuzz Face has more mids than a Muff, with a smoother top end and it seems to mix more with your amps voicing instead of layering over it like a Muff. And depending on the type, they clean up really well the guitar volume. But I find for rhythm, they're best when the guitar volume is rolled back a few notches so its not as blurry. When it's time for leads, thats when you dime the guitar volume for ultimate sustain.

Tone Bender is kind of a brighter, gnarlier version of a Fuzz Face. Admittedly I have the least experience with these.

Obviously I'm really biased towards the FF sound. Their lead tone is much fatter/mid heavy than a muff, but they don't have that crazy aggressive rhythm sound either.

Archived