Hey guys, mojo request.

BryanFTWL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Prayers sent Bryan! I hope you are OK buddy!

Gary

I've been going through a really tough time lately. I just got out of the hospital after being there from 7pm Tuesday-1:30pm today (Saturday). I'm okay now, and if anything, pretty damn good, but I could still use some support and mojo. I would rather not go into full details of my personal life, as I'm sure you understand.

Either way, have a fun night, and make 2012 a good year full of things you love and enjoy.

• Members

All I'll say is that I made some stupid decisions that put my family through some grief and stress, which they (fittingly) had me hospitalized as I almost got myself really hurt, if not dead. If it means anything to you, I've been battling severe depression and stress for about a year and a half now, I would prefer to not go into more detail. If you still see fitting to say I'm asking for attention, then you shouldn't be bothered to post in this thread. I will gladly tell you that I am not doing this for attention, but rather fighting a constant battle in my head. The important part is that I have a new perspective on life right now, but I could still use support because like I said, I'm still fighting a constant battle.

That said, thank you to the guys that understand it's preferable to not always share personal details of your life.

• Members

mojo sent, dude. always remember to step back and keep everything in perspective. working out, medication, lifestyle changes... there is something that can get you feeling normal again. until you figure out what that is, ask yourself how your immediate decisions will affect those around you, and you in the long run. talk yourself down from bad decisions, and hang in there until you figure out what puts your mind at ease the best.

• Members

mojo sent, dude. always remember to step back and keep everything in perspective. working out, medication, lifestyle changes... there is something that can get you feeling normal again. until you figure out what that is, ask yourself how your immediate decisions will affect those around you, and you in the long run. talk yourself down from bad decisions, and hang in there until you figure out what puts your mind at ease the best.

Thanks Dave! It means a lot. I learned a lot about myself, and how I can turn things around in my life. I've felt absolutely great the past two days. I can get out and live life without having to fake my happiness, and I went out and had a good ass time last night. I'm definitely going to remember your advice. Thanks again.

• Members

All I'll say is that I made some stupid decisions that put my family through some grief and stress, which they (fittingly) had me hospitalized as I almost got myself really hurt, if not dead. If it means anything to you, I've been battling severe depression and stress for about a year and a half now, I would prefer to not go into more detail. If you still see fitting to say I'm asking for attention, then you shouldn't be bothered to post in this thread. I will gladly tell you that I am not doing this for attention, but rather fighting a constant battle in my head. The important part is that I have a new perspective on life right now, but I could still use support because like I said, I'm still fighting a constant battle.

That said, thank you to the guys that understand it's preferable to not always share personal details of your life.

Ummm...... I can totally relate. I battled depression for a long time. Without ever realizing it until a few months ago. After talking to a seriously kickass therapist, one who is not soooo clinical that I felt like I was talking to a couch, I made, with his help, some stark, startling and awesome revelations about myself. The most significant being that happiness, sadness, anxiety, fear, awesome win-sauce are all self fulfilling prophecies. It all comes down to how you think about things and what you let affect you. Obviously, some of us are infinitely more sesitive than others and vice-versa. You just have to find the things that make you happy. Shed the dead weight in your life and get on with it. Basically, if you perpetuate a thought pattern of insecurity, you will be insecure. If you perpetuate a attitude of confidence and success, you will be those things.

I don't know the root of your sadness, because in my eyes that's what depression is. Sadness. But it can be beaten back, controlled and or conquered. It just depends on you. Also, it sounds like you have a family that cares about you deeply. Don't run from them when things get tough. Lean on them. You WILL learn a lot about yourself that way. Someday, you'll probably even get to return the favor to someone feeling down.

I hope I made sense here. Hit me up with a PM if you want to chat more about things.

I am all open ears.

• Members

Ummm...... I can totally relate. I battled depression for a long time. Without ever realizing it until a few months ago. After talking to a seriously kickass therapist, one who is not soooo clinical that I felt like I was talking to a couch, I made, with his help, some stark, startling and awesome revelations about myself. The most significant being that happiness, sadness, anxiety, fear, awesome win-sauce are all self fulfilling prophecies. It all comes down to how you think about things and what you let affect you. Obviously, some of us are infinitely more sesitive than others and vice-versa. You just have to find the things that make you happy. Shed the dead weight in your life and get on with it. Basically, if you perpetuate a thought pattern of insecurity, you will be insecure. If you perpetuate a attitude of confidence and success, you will be those things.

I don't know the root of your sadness, because in my eyes that's what depression is. Sadness. But it can be beaten back, controlled and or conquered. It just depends on you. Also, it sounds like you have a family that cares about you deeply. Don't run from them when things get tough. Lean on them. You WILL learn a lot about yourself that way. Someday, you'll probably even get to return the favor to someone feeling down.

I hope I made sense here. Hit me up with a PM if you want to chat more about things.

I am all open ears.

Dude, thank you so much. I will definitely keep you in mind.

• Members

Oh man. I unfortunately know the dark hole of joylessness called depression. It was the impetus for my username to be honest. Depression can stem from a wide spectrum of causes, from sadness to stifled, unexpressed anger to chemical imbalances in the brain. One of the biggest challenges is to be objective about it and to think it's anything but temporary. I pray you get all the professional help and council you need to liberate you from its dark grip. The fact that you had the courage and fortitude to ante up what it was is good. Talk about it with those that have a genuinely empathic ear, and don't do yourself a disservice by assuming the first doctor / health professional you find will have all the answers. Guaranteed he won't. Make yourself a project and try to think of yourself in the third person: "If this was happening to a friend what would I have them do?" Of course this ties back into the challenge about being objective. Knowing that very thing will be a trump card you'll have to play often if you want to triumph.

Edit: Do not listen to non medical professionals that will say "dude, take this drug, or that drug, try it man -- worked for me". Brain chemistry widely varies from person to person, so some drugs may be disastrous (to the point of being lethal) for one and beneficial for another. Also know that many "professionals" employ a drug regimen that is ostensibly a guinea pig run. "Oh, that didn't work? Ok, let's try this one". {censored}. It took me years to find something that worked (one interim drug almost killed me), but I did eventually find one that worked astonishingly well (was on it a couple years), so I'm not going to blanket denounce drug therapies.

Also ... one of the most powerful, underrated things you can do for yourself is to ensure you get daily exercise. If nothing else walk at least 30 minutes a day, outside (get sunlight on your retina, especially during winter). Honor this every day, consider it medicine. For serious. Also eat well, and have good sleep hygiene (do a google search on that topic). I know, the latter is absurd given I'm writing this because I have insomnia. It's a long battle my friend. :facepalm:

• Members

... and wearing myself out in the being active part ever since I got home

That's great. Just a note of caution ... ensure that your workout strategy is sustainable ... you shouldn't need to work out more than an hour a day ... if you're regularly doing significantly more than this you're a candidate for burnout and/or injury, both which will stop a workout regimen in it's tracks ... defeating the "counter depression" purpose. More mojos sent.

• Members

Thank you to all three of you. And about working myself, I'm not as much going and working out as I am just staying active. I've been getting out and skating with some buds for hours on end. Keeping myself moving, but not something that will kill me.

I too battle insomnia, but I'm thinking I'll be over it soon as I'm having an easier time falling asleep lately compared to the past 5 years.

Archived