890 shipped for a Laney VH100r a good or bad deal?

cacheek

• Members

IMO it depends on availability -- and whether it has the footswitch or not. Factor in $100 or possibly more for the footswitch if it's not included. I got mine (very good shape older model) for about $550 on ebay a year or so ago, though I know that was definitely an awesome and lucky deal, and I don't think anyone else was watching the auction. About 4-5 years ago when a few were going for $800 prior to shipping that seemed like a really good deal. It may be worth checking on ebay to see if any footswitches are available and if GC's used site still has any or if any new ones have been added for a good price.

• Members
Yep, does have foot switch. Do you know when the recessed handles were put in them? Shipping from Washington state to South Carolina if I bought it. GC has no more yet.

I'm not sure when they switched to the recessed handles, though I believe there was no change to circuitry. Good that it comes with the f/s. That definitely makes the deal better, and I wish I had one for mine. :D

• Members

Eh, I was going to buy one from someone on HC, but I didn't have the money in hand until 2 days after it was sold. Hence, option two. I think this one is a 2010 or 2011 model, never gigged, smoke-free environoment, super-low hours. So, as long as the guy doesn't rip me off (praying he won't), I think it's a decent price.

Archived