My boss just got fired....

guitarbilly74

• Members

more than likely not all the same. The VP is probably pretty unprepared for what Billy will be bringing to him.

That's exactly right. He has no idea. I had a meeting with him this morning and just by the questions he asked I can already see it will be a long uphill battle just to get him up-to-date with what we're doing here.

• Members

That's exactly right. He has no idea. I had a meeting with him this morning and just by the questions he asked I can already see it will be a long uphill battle just to get him up-to-date with what we're doing here.

Is the reason the VP has no idea what you're doing your ex-bosses issue or the VP's issue? You might not know, but its always interesting the information that never makes it above middle management.

• Members

Is the reason the VP has no idea what you're doing your ex-bosses issue or the VP's issue? You might not know, but its always interesting the information that never makes it above middle management.

in the typical corp structure, it's probably neither's fault. The guy in the middle was probably given enough free reign that he didn't have to bother the VP with it. Nobody's fault, except whoever decided they didn't need that job title anymore.

• Members

in the typical corp structure, it's probably neither's fault. The guy in the middle was probably given enough free reign that he didn't have to bother the VP with it. Nobody's fault, except whoever decided they didn't need that job title anymore.

Good point. *Keeps forgetting he's only worked at relatively small corporations* :lol:

• Members

Remember VP's don't give a {censored} about the data.

They want INSIGHTS! ({censored} they can use to "drive the business")

You may need to taylor your delivery method. Take this as an opportunity to show them your ANALYSIS potential.
:thu:

Yeah, I am prepared for that because my boss did not give a {censored} about data either tbh, so along with the data I've always reported on trends, opportunities, challenges and all that stuff. So nothing change as far as that, but the new guy is so unfamiliar with this branch operation that everything will have to be explained extensively. Old boss had a long direct relationship with our clients, that makes a HUGE difference, this new guy was introduced to our major clients this morning.

• Members

Yeah, I am prepared for that because my boss did not give a {censored} about data either tbh, so along with the data I've always reported on trends, opportunities, challenges and all that stuff. So nothing change as far as that, but the new guy is so unfamiliar with this branch operation that everything will have to be explained extensively. Old boss had a long direct relationship with our clients, that makes a HUGE difference, this new guy was introduced to our major clients this morning.

LOL...

Well, we'll see you in a few weeks. Work hard and prove your worth...again.

You'll do well. We're rooting for you!

Archived