Kirk Hammet Gibson V

Crunchtime

• Members
  • Members

I want it but the prices i got quoted yesterday was more than i wanna spend.

What were the quotes if you don't mind me asking? I am really curious as to what Gibson would want and with it being "Limited", "50 signed" and "Custom Shop" I'm sure it's up there. You can PM me if you would rather not post it.:thu:

I wonder if this is opening the door for Gibson and Hetfield to have another try at a signature guitar? James is the one that plays most of the Gibsons and IMO a Hetfield Gibson Explorer like his "Rusty Explorer" would be pretty cool if priced right.

• Members

What were the quotes if you don't mind me asking? I am really curious as to what Gibson would want and with it being "Limited", "50 signed" and "Custom Shop" I'm sure it's up there. You can PM me if you would rather not post it.
:thu:

I wonder if this is opening the door for Gibson and Hetfield to have another try at a signature guitar? James is the one that plays most of the Gibsons and IMO a Hetfield Gibson Explorer like his "Rusty Explorer" would be pretty cool if priced right.

i dont mind posting the qoutes because they will be on websites soon and some delaers already have their pricing.

the aged was 5300 and the aged and signed and played by kirk was 7000

i think its a cool guitar, i can see why they are doing it and it has a certain place in metallica history, kirk used this guitar for a while and older fans might get excited about it, gibson had kirks guitar for a little while last year and i remembered seeing pics of kirks real v on the gibson custom fb page. its built in the custom shop and has a different style bridge, emgs, aged too look like kirks, different tuners and yes its just a black gibson v but if your a metallica fan i might be cool for you because its the first metallica guitar from gibson and it might open the door to a few more, maybe if its sells they will do a black les paul like kirks has used over the years or do some stuff with james.

gibson sig model stuff usually holds its value pretty good, stuff like the gary rossington, slash, dickey betts, jimmy page, and billy gibbon pearly gates have went up in value or held their value over the years, so yes it might be a little overpriced but theres guys that will buy it and since its limited it will do good.

i thought about it for a while and im gonna get one, i love metallica guitars.

Archived