Would you be worried about taking your guitar to Canada?

xmorgan socialx

• Members

my band is going to Canada tomorrow to play a couple of shows in BC. With all of this Lacey act talk, I am a tiny bit concerned about taking my Les Paul with me... Would you even think twice about it?

Any horror stories out there about confiscated guitars at driving borders?

Where are you playing and when? Also don't tell them you're going to play across or you won't be getting in with out a permit. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Where are you playing and when? Also don't tell them you're going to play across or you won't be getting in with out a permit. Cheers, Lucius

I honestly don't know what venues we are playing, but we are playing in Vancouver and Victoria. I know the Victoria show is a house show at our friend Troy's place...

We are only playing all ages shows and we have paperwork, so there will be no issues with crossing into Canada.

• Members

I honestly don't know what venues we are playing, but we are playing in Vancouver and Victoria. I know the Victoria show is a house show at our friend Troy's place...

We are only playing all ages shows and we have paperwork, so there will be no issues with crossing into Canada.

On Saturda in Victoria?? PM me the details if you would please. I'll come chuck beer bottles at you. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

^I know it's just kidding around but what does Canada have to do with this issue? Let me rephrase that: DOES this problem have anything to do with Canada?

From what I understand the only problem that exists concerning guitars is USA guitar makers using one piece Brazilian Rosewood fretboards. Canada doesn't have that problem. In fact, I just this week went to a wood place, if you will, to get rosewood. It's rare sizing wise because, according to the shop dude, it just recently became legal to sell freely in Canada (by freely I assume he means the circumstances of how it's sold changed).

• Members

^I know it's just kidding around but what does Canada have to do with this issue? Let me rephrase that: DOES this problem have anything to do with Canada?

From what I understand the only problem that exists concerning guitars is USA guitar makers using one piece Brazilian Rosewood fretboards. Canada doesn't have that problem. In fact, I just this week went to a wood place, if you will, to get rosewood. It's rare sizing wise because, according to the shop dude, it just recently became legal to sell freely in Canada (by freely I assume he means the circumstances of how it's sold changed).

I don't think he's worried about getting it back into the US, nothing to do with Canada really.

• Members

Hold on, color me ignorant here, but why is there an issue with rosewood, or any other kind of material in any given guitar, crossing the border? My band was planning on touring the states and, due to lack of tour-visa we have decided to stay in Canada this year and try again next year when we have a better footing as far as legality goes. This throws a whole new curveball in the mix. What, exactly, is going on at the borders?

• Members

Hold on, color me ignorant here, but why is there an issue with rosewood, or any other kind of material in any given guitar, crossing the border? My band was planning on touring the states and, due to lack of tour-visa we have decided to stay in Canada this year and try again next year when we have a better footing as far as legality goes. This throws a whole new curveball in the mix. What, exactly, is going on at the borders?

google gibson raid.

Archived