2012 post your gear thread

magh8

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When a forumite posts gear next to a book case and someone states "there's terrible books there", I'd like to know what's terrible.

No, you're trolling for a response. If i'd wanted to respond i would have responded to the poster of the original image.

• Members

No, you're trolling for a response. If i'd wanted to respond i would have responded to the poster of the original image.

So you're just going to leave it at "your taste in books sucks" and not bother to elaborate? :lol::facepalm:

• Members

As the original poster, I'm honestly curious as to which of the books on my bookshelf you find terrible. Its not a trick question as books are subjective, I'm just curious.

• Members

Raffa & Blair, two people i try not to line the pockets of!

Oh, because I thought your "some terrible books there" comment might have been in reference to... say for example, The Physics of Immortality, which is a book that bases its theories on completely unrealisable assumptions. But seems you just based the terrible books comment on lining the pockets of the author.

Serious question, and dont lie because, well, we already know the answer. Those two "terrible" books, have you read them?

• Members

You already lined blairs pockets, we all did.

I just find it interesting that there's a book on Blair and a shelf full of investment books. Kind of like the labour govt.

investment is historically more of a conservative policy, but yes new labour looked more right wing when it came to business and followed some of the conservative manifesto in this area. Some could argue that is why the UK is in such a mess (though I think its this mixed with too much borrowing and spending).

I would rad blairs book as he was a prime minister for a long time, love him or hate him there is something to learn from it.

/politics

How is the two-rock with pedals?

• Members

I just find it interesting that there's a book on Blair and a shelf full of investment books. Kind of like the labour govt.

The Investment books are for work/reference, the politics books just because I find it interesting.

The Two-Rock takes pedals SO well Neil, its incredible. There are a couple of pedals that I was never super fond of through my marshall or old mesas etc, but throught he TR they sound really really nice, I know we all say this but it really is my amp nirvana and I cant see myself needing anything else (apart from a nice Dual Rectifier just to cover that ground, haha.)

Archived