2012 post your gear thread

magh8

• Members

I have a family pic of the amps that I took a few days ago, but I don't have a recent family pic of the guitars, and I don't feel like going around to find one, so here are the amps:

Amps-Jan12.jpg

how's that old ENGL? I used to have an old ENGL Straight 50 which sounded great at loud volumes but kinda ice picky at bedroom level which is why I sold it. Is that ENGL digital any similar?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the Motorola Droid which is supposed to be better than/at least as good as the iPhone camera - but it still comes out blurry. Maybe I have shaky ass hands or something?

iphone cameras are pretty darn good, i think they are 8 mp now. my evo is great but yeah the issue is more my hand shaking then the camera itself.

• Members

how's that old ENGL? I used to have an old ENGL Straight 50 which sounded great at loud volumes but kinda ice picky at bedroom level which is why I sold it. Is that ENGL digital any similar?

I've never played the Straight, so I can't make a direct comparison, but it's my understanding that the Digitalamp and Straight actually share the same preamp design, so I imagine it's very similar. The Digitalamp is pretty cool, but unfortunately, it's got some issues (which is why I got it for ridiculously cheap). The Lead Boost switch doesn't work right, and there's some nasty solid state clipping that shouldn't be there when you turn up the Lead Drive...past about 6, it starts to sound like a fuzz pedal. I think the issue may lie within an IC that, according to Horst Langer, is no longer available.

Using a TS in front as a boost, I've been able to get some pretty sick sounds out of it, though...plus it's a cool piece to have, just to say I have it. I got it for basically nothing, so there's no real loss there, other than what I put into it in tubes, thinking that's where the issue was.

• Members

I need someone to take non-cellphone pics of my gear.

Im down. I just got a new camera in December, too. Also, Leah has a badass mofoin camera we could use too. Maybe at whatever show we play together later this month or early march or whenever thats supposed to be...

• Members

My 2 rigs @ practice. Our other guitarist is using the JMP-1 rig for a bit until he gets his new setup. Then i'll run them together with my Uptown Pedal Pusher splitter.

Diezel Herbert > Mesa Traditional 4x12

Marshall JMP-1 > Mesa Strategy 500 > Kustom 4x12 (got the 4x12 with Celestion 65s for $100)

304291_10150353002029087_502834086_83377

wtf is the 4x12 doing on top of your rack? :lol::facepalm:

• Members

Guitars:

DSC_0400.jpg

'79 LP Standard Goldtop, 2010 VOS LP Custom '57 RI, 1980 LP Custom Wine Red, 1990 LP Custom Ebony, 2011 Pelham Blue JR

Marshall's:

DSC_0608.jpg

I sold one of them... still have the rest

I also have this guy

IMG_20110522_211434.jpg

And I just picked up a 2 channel Dual Recto w/4x12 recto cab but I don't have any pictures yet.

Despite my efforts to down size, I still have way too much stuff :facepalm:

Archived