What is a "Hollywood" mod?

cacheek

• Members

Saw someone refer to having a Hollywood mod done to their Mesa amp and wondered what it was. Might someone clarify?

amp is rubbed down with hookers and blow and anytime you want to use it you have to pay to play :thu:

• Members

AFAIK, it's the Series I to Series II upgrade to the Stilleto.

More or less this. Gives some extra gain to the lead channel in the Series I Stiletto to make it more like the Series II but isn't as compressed as the Series II. A little more organic. At least that's what I've been led to believe.

• Members

Local guy has one up for sale/trade. Might hit it. Worse case scenario, if I don't like it Boogies go fast around my area.

VH100R for the modded Stiletto I? No, don't do it. The VH100R is a MUCH better amp.

Unless it's for the resale value, but Series I Stilettos can be hard to move.

• Members

VH100R for the modded Stiletto I? No, don't do it. The VH100R is a MUCH better amp.

Hell, I think the Laney is hard to move. LOL!

• Members

I agree with this! All amps are hard to move right now period. So many good amps and deals in the classifieds, the only way to move an amp fast now is to sell at a stupidly low price. I'd rather trade at this point even though it costs $50 each time for shipping.

The Hollywood Mod was the first and only mod (that I know of) to come out for the Stiletto version I. When version II of the Stiletto came out I think they fixed a lot of the issues the Hollywood Mod fixed for the first version.

Archived