Carvin MTS 50/100

Spizzledude

• Members

No, it's completely different than the X100B. This one has a lot more gain and bass and sounds kinda scooped. The clean channel is awesome and I like the gain channel quite a bit, but I know a lot of people that hate this amp lol

$300 is the going price for them, not exactly a bargain but not a great deal either.

• Members

"The AxeFX is superior in every way the the Carvin"..........fixed.
:thu:

I really don't know what I would do with it anyway. Maybe do one of those church gigs with it backstage and the snax in the loop just for giggles. Other than that, crank it at home for fun.

• Members

I had an MTS3212, same amp in a 2x12 combo, and put it on the matching 2x12 closed back cab. Everything at noon is a little scoopy sounding, but there were some MASSIVE tones to be had by pushing the mids a bit and lowering the gain. I really liked the clean channel up loud too. Sounded really lively and stayed CLEAN unless you pushed it hard up front. I know some people bitch about these amps but I figured most of those folks didn't realize the knobs moved off the straight up position.

• Members
I had an MTS3212, same amp in a 2x12 combo, and put it on the matching 2x12 closed back cab. Everything at noon is a little scoopy sounding, but there were some MASSIVE tones to be had by pushing the mids a bit and lowering the gain. I really liked the clean channel up loud too. Sounded really lively and stayed CLEAN unless you pushed it hard up front. I know some people bitch about these amps but I figured most of those folks didn't realize the knobs moved off the straight up position.

I figured you for a MTS/Boogera dude. :cop::cop::cop:

• Members

That amp is really cool. I had one for about a year or so. Loved it while I had it. Cleans sound AMAZING. Reverb is pretty good too. Gain tones were pretty solid too. Cant complain too much about that amp considering I got it for 350 shipped and sold it for the same a year later. Its well worth the 300, IMO.

• Members

The other guitarist in my band has one and it sounds fantastic with a little boost in front of it if your pickups are a little weak. I've played through it without the boost using a LP with a SD Custom Custom and it sounds great. I can understand some of the comments about the scooped nature, but the EQs are effective and it's not bad with the gain turned down a little. Playing around with different pre-amp tubes has yielded some good results. I've had to do some minor repairs for some shoddy soldering on the PCBs, but I can't complain too much. The amp is very simple to dismantle and work on. The clean channel is very good. I think it's well worth $300.

Archived