CSB of the day: smashed my thumb in my truck's door

guitarbilly74

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was done I called my gf all proud to tell her what I did and she was like "you did WHAT???" :lol:

I told her " well you told me that's the hospital procedure so I just went for it"

Then she said that they first numb the finger with lidocaine. I was like " oh and you're telling me this NOW???? That would be great information 15 minutes ago!!" :lol:

• Members

When I was done I called my gf all proud to tell her what I did and she was like "you did WHAT???"
:lol:

I told her " well you told me that's the hospital procedure so I just went for it"

Then she said that they first numb the finger with lidocaine. I was like " oh and you're telling me this NOW???? That would be great information 15 minutes ago!!"

and women claim be supportive to open lines of communication...pshhh..

• Members
So yesterday morning I came home from the grocery store, took the grocery bags out and slammed my truck's door, not realizing my thumb was still in the door's frame. Ouch!! My nail turned blue almost immediately and by the end of the day my thumb was huge and completely swollen. My gf, who is a nurse, told me that at the hospital they use a hot catheter to burn a hole through the nail to release the blood under it.

So I was like...
:idea:
and decided to use my soldering iron to burn a hole through my nail. Now THAT hurts like a mother{censored}er but it got much better right after and the swelling is almost completely gone
:)
. I still don't have a firm grip on my thumb to lift heavy stuff etc, but at least I can play guitar again

CSB

Real man, you are.

I broke my pinky toe last summer. Snapped it so hard it was sticking out the side of my foot at a 90 degree angle.

I looked down, grabbed it, and snapped it back into place...three loud bonesnapping clicks. I almost threw up.

When I got to the clinic to get an XRay, the nurse said I'd snapped the bone so bad, she couldn't believe I reset it without fainting.

Left with a bottle of Vicodin. :lol:

• Members

Ouch. A huge block of concrete smashed the fourth digit of my left hand few days before christmas and the thing still hasn't healed entirely. The finger bled maybe two days straight and remained swollen for about a month even though I was able to get it into cold pretty fast. I hope yours heals way faster than mine.

• Members

picking hand

Once about 11 years ago i came home from the Bar frunk, was starving so i was opening a can of Tuna, i cut the end of my middle finger on the tip to the bone.

I do almost all of my string bends on my middle finger, for years after everytime i did a stringbend i got shooting pain in my hand, couldn't play for a long time.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

26 years ago i broke the thumb on my left hand twice in one day doing Construction.

• Members

Goddamn bro that sucks man, sorry to hear it!!! I feel your pain...I had it happen when I was a kid, though luckily not as bad, and it was all my fingers and not my thumb...my brother closed the door of my grandmothers 88 Olds Park Ave on them and GODDAMN did it hurt, luckily though it wasn't that bad, and it didn't do any permanent damage, after running them under cold water for a while I was OK.

Slicing off the tip of my right hand index finger in a deli slicer, that's another story...didn't hurt, but bled like all hell...it grew back but it still feels kinda funny, and it definitely affects how I rock the keys and even pick up stuff...it {censored}ing sucks, but I guess it could've been worse!!!!

• Members
So yesterday morning I came home from the grocery store, took the grocery bags out and slammed my truck's door, not realizing my thumb was still in the door's frame. Ouch!! My nail turned blue almost immediately and by the end of the day my thumb was huge and completely swollen. My gf, who is a nurse, told me that at the hospital they use a hot catheter to burn a hole through the nail to release the blood under it.

So I was like...
:idea:
and decided to use my soldering iron to burn a hole through my nail. Now THAT hurts like a mother{censored}er but it got much better right after and the swelling is almost completely gone
:)
. I still don't have a firm grip on my thumb to lift heavy stuff etc, but at least I can play guitar again

CSB

Billy, the next time, a paper clip, a Leatherman (or pliers) and an oil lamp is your best friend.
Oh, and a buddy with a strong stomach :D

I did that in the army, and was on elephant painkillers until the doc heated a paper clip and let it melt through the nail. The blood squirted to the ceiling, and ALL the pain was gone. It was the fastest painkiller I've ever tried, barring passing out :D

• Members

Once about 11 years ago i came home from the Bar frunk, was starving so i was opening a can of Tuna, i cut the end of my middle finger on the tip to the bone.

I do almost all of my string bends on my middle finger, for years after everytime i did a stringbend i got shooting pain in my hand, couldn't play for a long time.
:cry:

26 years ago i broke the thumb on my left hand twice in one day doing Construction.

I tried playing guitar yesterday after I burned the hole and it's ok, just my grip on the pick is still a bit loose but I can deal with it. No pinch harmonics though :cry::cop:

• Members

Billy, the next time, a paper clip, a Leatherman (or pliers) and an oil lamp is your best friend.

Oh, and a buddy with a strong stomach
:D

I did that in the army, and was on elephant painkillers until the doc heated a paper clip and let it melt through the nail. The blood squirted to the ceiling, and ALL the pain was gone. It was the fastest painkiller I've ever tried, barring passing out
:D

I wouldn't ask anyone to do it for me, I just don't trust people with {censored} like that :lol:

In 2009 I was in a car accident and smashed my elbow against the driver's side window so bad it needed 20 stitches. The doctor told me to come back in 2-3 weeks to remove the stitches. 2 weeks later, I noticed the cut was completely healed, grabbed a small pair of scissors and removed the stitches myself, at my office desk :lol: My co-workers were walking by going :freak:

I'm a {censored}ing caveman when it comes to {censored} like that :lol:

• Members

Billy, you are f'ing 10 times the man I will ever be. My lawd.

On a different note, please tell me that she has come over in the nurse outfit, and um, "taken care" of you, yes? Hmmmm?

Not last night, she's on her period :lol: But we played the nurse/patient game a quite few times before :love:

• Members

I wouldn't ask anyone to do it for me, I just don't trust people with {censored} like that

In 2009 I was in a car accident and smashed my elbow against the driver's side window so bad it needed 20 stitches. The doctor told me to come back in 2-3 weeks to remove the stitches. 2 weeks later, I noticed the cut was completely healed, grabbed a small pair of scissors and removed the stitches myself, at my office desk
My co-workers were walking by going
:freak:

You'd get along good with my brother-in-law. He cut his leg cast off with a hacksaw because it was too itchy.

• Members

{censored} me, i almost fainted 3 times in this thread.

do you, like, need a tetanus shot now?

I don't think so. The soldering iron pretty much sterilizes itself with the heat. I am keeping a band-aid over my nail for a couple of day just to make sure the hole is not exposed to anything that could infect it.

Archived