Is It Automatic You Spending Tax Refund on Gear?

Stonedtone

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not trying to stick it to the government, or vomiting back something I've heard. I just think if you're a fiscally repsonisble person, you can find more productive things to do with your own money, than letting the government sit on it. {censored}, I'd rather have it under my bed than in the coffers.

I asked multiple times, what would be a better option (as in actually noticeably more beneficial to you) than just getting a lump sum at the end of the year? If you "just want to have it" then thats fine. But it is completely pointless and borderline retarded to point out that the gubmint is making money off your interest free loan. You are getting the money back at some point. Either in small amounts in each paycheck, or 1 large one in a year.

If you have some amazing idea to create a reasonable and realistic model to profit from that extra $50 a paycheck, please share. To me, $50 a paycheck isn't going to do anything aside from go towards a night out.

• Members

I asked multiple times, what would be a better option (as in actually noticeably more beneficial to you) than just getting a lump sum at the end of the year? If you "just want to have it" then thats fine. But it is completely pointless and borderline retarded to point out that the gubmint is making money off your interest free loan. You are getting the money back at some point. Either in small amounts in each paycheck, or 1 large one in a year.

If you have some amazing idea to create a reasonable and realistic model to profit from that extra $50 a paycheck, please share. To me, $50 a paycheck isn't going to do anything aside from go towards a night out.

You don't necessarily need to profit from it, but over long term, you can easily put that money towards the capital in your home. That's a great option. 200 dollars a month is a decent chunk of a car payment. You can just save it, for an "oh {censored}" fund as I like to call it.

My whole point it that if you're a responsible adult with your money, there's no need for the government to hold it for you. If you're not great with money, it's probably one of the best things you can do. The OP said he's getting 13k back, and to me, that means him and his wife probably are pretty fiscally stable, and responsible, so I was wondering why he wouldn't want that money in his pocket through out the year.

• Members

You don't necessarily need to profit from it, but over long term, you can easily put that money towards the capital in your home. That's a great option. 200 dollars a month is a decent chunk of a car payment. You can just save it, for an "oh {censored}" fund as I like to call it.

My whole point it that if you're a responsible adult with your money, there's no need for the government to hold it for you. If you're not great with money, it's probably one of the best things you can do. The OP said he's getting 13k back, and to me, that means him and his wife probably are pretty fiscally stable, and responsible, so I was wondering why he wouldn't want that money in his pocket through out the year.

Why does it matter? :freak:

• Members

because it's cool to whip out his e-dick and tell others how to roll. his user name is diocide. do you really need to know anything else?
:lol:

Dave, Paulie(Diocide) is a good dude who's been around for awhile and honestly, I think that guy makes really salient points on this subject; Im with him all the way..

Given the choice of having the government owe me or me owing the government, Ill take the latter EVERY day..

• Members

Dave, Paulie(Diocide) is a good dude who's been around for awhile and honestly, I think that guy makes really salient points on this subject; Im with him all the way..

Given the choice of having the government owe me or me owing the government, Ill take the latter EVERY day..

Hey kage! What's been up man?

• Members

because it's cool to whip out his e-dick and tell others how to roll. his user name is diocide. do you really need to know anything else?
:lol:

i meant to ax you this since you're outta the home now, but are you taking your deductions for that? or does you trying to itemize not > your std deduction?

• Members

I prefer getting a refund every year. Of course, I'm not a financial wizard nor will I ever be rich under normal circumstances. I do well, we have everything we need and some nice wants covered so I don't really have a problem claiming no deductions and getting a refund every year.

Not saying either of you are these people, but I've always heard people claim they're going to invest throughout the year instead of give Uncle Sam a free loan. Half the time those same people were the ones selling things come 4/15 because their tax bill came back to bite em in the ass.

but I do agree with y'all in theory. I just prefer doing things the safe way, and letting others do things their way. My way has worked for me, and my father (who gave me the advice in the first place) for as long as he's been paying taxes, so don't see any reason to change :)

think of me as the tortoise, just trying to enjoy the ride :thu:

• Members

tomato tomato... er, you get what I am implying. You either dont feel a small bite through out the year, but feel a chomp at the end.

OR

Feel that nibble, but get a backrub at the end of the year.

Archived