Jebus this is cool.

Chrisjd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It started off with great promise. Then it got to the main song.

I don't mind the generic chugga with wubs, but not a big fan of the singing. Like at all. The song was going pretty good until it got to the guts of it...then I felt extremely let down. Sorta like i just stepped into generic "catchy radio metal" band land.

So yeah, up until about 1:20 it was kinda cool. Honestly if it wasn't for the lame vocals/music during vocals I like the song. Unfortunately those parts make up too much of the song for me.

Different tastes for different folks.

• Members

The singer sounds like the guy from Rise Against
, which is not good. It was ok, but the fact that there were only 2 or 3 riffs bothered me.

I couldn't think of who it kept reminding me of, that would be it.

• Members

I knew this wouldn't be particularly popular around these parts, but honestly I think it's fresh sounding. It's catchy and groovy, yet super heavy.

Maybe we have different definitions of "fresh", but how could mashing up incredibly overdone stereotypes be fresh? There is nothing new happening in here anywhere. :idk:

• Members

This guitarist is the turd who replaced Jesper in In Flames. Sucks hard bro, sorry. Funny how they're also bashing Deadmau5, and then start in with lame, uninspired electronic crap.

Dude, that turd had a hand in making In Flames' best album in years. Their new album is fantastic and much better than anything Jesper was a part of in the last 10 years.

• Members

you blasphemer

He's not wrong, though. Jesper was involved in Soundtrack To Your Escape, Reroute To Remain, Come Clarity, and A Sense Of Purpose. He was a primary song writer for both what people call good In Flames ("Old In Flames") and not so good In Flames ("New In Flames"). Then his replacement comes along and In Flames has their best CD since Claymen.

That's not to say that their "new" albums aren't good. I really like Come Clarity, and most of StYE (I hate RtR, though. And I seriously dislike most of SoP). But, after multiple failed attempts at former glory one has to accept that their heroes who were once great may not be anymore.

As for ENGEL - well, that sucked. Not because of the metal aspect, but because dub-step sucks ma' balls. Every {censored}ing dub-step beat sounds exactly the God damn same.

Archived