NCD x2

guitarbilly74

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know!!! He's a really cool dude so I am going to keep in touch. I want to see if I can get an opening slot with one of his bands
:lol:

Just be like, "Dude I'm a gear whore...save yourself the time of listing on craigslist, and just call me with what you've got...If I don't want it, THEN you can list it" :lol:

Seriously though, it's a good contact to have...And I have no doubt you'll be able to get on a bill with one of his bands. :love:

• Members

$250 for both
:love:

I sold the Legacy cab for $300 so I made $50 and got a killer full stack that sounds better with my amp
:cool:

A matching cab for the Marshall is a MUST have.
:cop:

I hate you so much.

The biggest problem is I'm not a fan of Marshall cabs :idk: maybe I'll.get something else and throw the badge on there

• Members

These cabs are really beat to {censored} though, he told me they were shipping it across the world without a road case :eek::lol:

There are some airline tags at the bottom of the cabs so it's probably true lol

But the speakers are in perfect shape and more than broken in, so that's what matters :)

• Members

I know
:eek:

The guy told me he was going to return them to Laney after his contract with Opeth ended and Laney said he could just keep them and do whatever he wanted with them.

Thats the great thing about touring/loan stock, its been written down in cost every year so by the end of that cabs professional working career it doesnt really owe anything to any one.

I repeatedly hassle the guys at laney about getting Rich Wards old touring stock, they wont let me have it yet tough!

• Members

Just be like, "Dude I'm a gear whore...save yourself the time of listing on craigslist, and just call me with what you've got...If I don't want it, THEN you can list it"

Seriously though, it's a good contact to have...And I have no doubt you'll be able to get on a bill with one of his bands.

He's now managing Thin Lizzy and Evan Seinfeld's new band :lol:

• Members

These cabs are really beat to {censored} though, he told me they were shipping it across the world without a road case
:eek::lol:

There are some airline tags at the bottom of the cabs so it's probably true lol

But the speakers are in perfect shape and more than broken in, so that's what matters
:)

If you get really curious, spend 50 bucks on some tolex and go to town on one of them at a time. It can be quite rewarding to resurrect a cab...For the price you paid for them, I would totally do that.

• Members

Thats the great thing about touring/loan stock, its been written down in cost every year so by the end of that cabs professional working career it doesnt really owe anything to any one.

I repeatedly hassle the guys at laney about getting Rich Wards old touring stock, they wont let me have it yet tough!

dude!!!!! Rich Ward is one of my favorite players!!! I forgot he's with Laney now :love:

• Members

I hate you so much.

The biggest problem is I'm not a fan of Marshall cabs
:idk:
maybe I'll.get something else and throw the badge on there

Have you tried the Hand Wired series cabs? they're expensive but they're just like Marshall cabs used to be, they also ship with heritage celestions (Ipswich made ones)

• Members

If you get really curious, spend 50 bucks on some tolex and go to town on one of them at a time. It can be quite rewarding to resurrect a cab...For the price you paid for them, I would totally do that.

It's not only the tolex, there are some holes in the {censored}ing wood :lol:

I think it looks badass though :cool:

• Members

Billy, you've posted that pic of those cabs in about three or four different threads. You've gone from whore to pimp.
:D

yeah I am going to use EVERY opportunity to show off my new cabs.

Like..

Thread: recommend me a small amp for my bedroom.

Billy:

laneycabs.jpg

Archived