How do I go about meeting the band?

cacheek

• Members

I'm going to see Guthrie Govan tomorrow and I'd really like meet the guy, get pics and autographs. He's my favorite guitar player and musician. It's a small venue. I've never tried to actually meet the band before. Where do you usually go at the venue? Do the musicians usually meet fans afterward?

• Members

Dude, it's Guthrie Govan. He's an incredible musician, but not exactly Justin Bieber in terms of following or entourage. Most of the time I see an artist in a >500 seat venue, they're at their own merch table after their set, hoping to sell a few more shirts or CDs by being available to sign them. Merch sales are the lifeblood of a small touring act. I met Tom G. Warrior (Celtic Frost, Apollyon Sun, Triptykon) that way, as well as a bunch of other touring artists. Just look around and ask.

• Members

Just figure out where he's coming out afterwards (if you've been ushered out). There's bound to be a few people waiting to get autographs hanging about somewhere. Just chat with them for a bit until he shows up. Worked for me countless times

• Members

Alternatively, you could just walk up to him and start singing this song.

If you look like Selena Gomez, you will have no problems meeting the band. But practice all your questions beforehand...enunciating clearly while gargling.

• Members

Dude, it's Guthrie Govan. He's an incredible musician, but not exactly Justin Bieber in terms of following or entourage. Most of the time I see an artist in a >500 seat venue, they're at their own merch table after their set, hoping to sell a few more shirts or CDs by being available to sign them. Merch sales are the lifeblood of a small touring act. I met Tom G. Warrior (Celtic Frost, Apollyon Sun, Triptykon) that way, as well as a bunch of other touring artists. Just look around and ask.

This. That's how I met Periphery.

• Members

+1 I can't imagine meeting Govan being difficult at all :lol:

• Members

Dude, you're at a small venue, not the madison square garden. You'll see him walking around. If there's a green room (not likely), find out where it's at and just chill out there for a bit. If nothing else, show up early and see where he loads in from and stand around. Small time musicians like that generally like talking to fans, but they aren't going to come find you.

OH!!! And DON'T act like a teenager meeting a vagina for the first time. "OMG DUDE YOU ARE MY {censored}ING IDOL!!! I WANT TO SWALLOW YOUR LOAD WHILE I STROKE YOUR GUITAR!!"

Archived