Need some opinions on my vocals...

thefyn

• Members

Good harmonies. Put the vocals out front more - can't understand the words buried in the sludge of the drums and distorted guitars. But maybe that's the style? What's important to you?

Compression etc should take care of the lyrics when I mix it properly. I have a lot of cleaning up to do etc.

• Members

I like it. I think it has a flavor and style that's a bit different than what you usually hear, but I sense some trepidation about going further or weirder with what you've started. I could be WAY off base, but wanted to suggest that if there was territory you were afraid to go that you should give it a whirl. There's certainly nothing to lose.

• Members

I like it. I think it has a flavor and style that's a bit different than what you usually hear, but I sense some trepidation about going further or weirder with what you've started. I could be WAY off base, but wanted to suggest that if there was territory you were afraid to go that you should give it a whirl. There's certainly nothing to lose.

I'm having identity problems with my music for sure. I'm a fan of British Explosion, Rock, Cyberpunk, Thrash, Electronica and Doom. This one has a bit of rock/british explosion I suppose. The vid in my sig is similar only with a bit of electronica thrown in. So I suppose if I have a niche, it's future rock. But some of the album tracks I am working on are straight up prog metal/thrash.

• Members

I'm having identity problems with my music for sure. I'm a fan of British Explosion, Rock, Cyberpunk, Thrash, Electronica and Doom. This one has a bit of rock/british explosion I suppose. The vid in my sig is similar only with a bit of electronica thrown in. So I suppose if I have a niche, it's future rock. But some of the album tracks I am working on are straight up prog metal/thrash.

whatever it is, you're doing it right. I'm buying this {censored} when it's out for sure.

• Members

Sounds good. More importantly, the song sounds good. Mix the hell out of it and focus on making the backing vocals blend a little more so they're less generic and garagey. Not that the melodies are generic and garagey, just the mix, which I'm sure you'll fix up.

I like it.

• Members
Sure.

More cowbell?

:lol: EXACTLY!!!

Nah I was just wondering what it'd sound like with a more direct drum beat. At the moment the double kick stuff doesn't feel like it supports the grove, whereas something simpler might give the whole thing some swagger. Just my opinion, take it or leave it, I'm only the GOD OF ARRANGEMENT. :thu:

• Members

:lol:
EXACTLY!!!

Nah I was just wondering what it'd sound like with a more direct drum beat. At the moment the double kick stuff doesn't feel like it supports the grove, whereas something simpler might give the whole thing some swagger. Just my opinion, take it or leave it, I'm only the GOD OF ARRANGEMENT.
:thu:

Yep I can def see where you are coming from. The reason it is in there is I wanted my music to have my influences seep into the music. So the double bass is a nod to the thrash.

• Members

Yep I can def see where you are coming from. The reason it is in there is I wanted my music to have my influences seep into the music. So the double bass is a nod to the thrash.

I agree with Cirrus though..

The double kick, whether you like it or not, dates it quite quickly.

It also kills the groove.

Archived