Best fuzz for doom?

Soundstorm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy smokes, I think that Black Arts pedal nails it

Yep, when I post pedal recommendations, I'm fully confident my suggestions sound better than what other people suggest.

you can find mint, used Pharaohs for around $110 right now. spend some time with the tone controls before you diced whether you like it or not.

cool pedal.

• Members

Yep, when I post pedal recommendations, I'm fully confident my suggestions sound better than what other people suggest.

you can find mint, used Pharaohs for around $110 right now. spend some time with the tone controls before you diced whether you like it or not.

cool pedal.

Good suggestion bro....I just bought one and it'll be here thurs or fri. I'll give the report after practice this weekend.

GAS KING: You had a GT1, correct? Or am I thinking of someone else? :confused:

• Members

The Earthbound audio supercolliders have been reissued. Check that or the stuff Mark has in the works at B.A.T. as he'd done a lot of stuff since the Pharaoh. Stick a post in the HCFX doom room and you'll get some good suggestions.

• Members

Thanks, dio, my Pharaoh should be in by thursday or friday, so I'm pretty excited. Gonna crank the Matamp on full power/NMV mode and let it rip. Wish I could make some decent recordings for you guys with the dual rig. I'll try to get something I can post here

• Members

Thanks, dio, my Pharaoh should be in by thursday or friday, so I'm pretty excited. Gonna crank the Matamp on full power/NMV mode and let it rip. Wish I could make some decent recordings for you guys with the dual rig. I'll try to get something I can post here

You have a Matamp and a Sunn Concert bass head. I both love and hate you.

mostly love. :love:

• Members

EQD Hoof, no questions. Between that and my Way Huge Swollen Pickle I have all my fuzzy doominess covered

I need to try a hoof in person someday. Guitarslinger/cougar hunter's demos made it sound more overdrivey while the monarch sounded more fuzzy, but i know the big muff was both an OD and a fuzz.

I should give the WH stuff a try sometime too. Always gets rave reviews, price is very reasonable, but they have stupid names that put me off. :lol:

• Members

I need to try a hoof in person someday. Guitarslinger/cougar hunter's demos made it sound more overdrivey while the monarch sounded more fuzzy, but i know the big muff was both an OD and a fuzz.

I would agree with this....the HOOF almost seems like it has a slight clean blend mixed it.........as in, the clarity of the original signal seems like it bleeds in, in just the right amount.

I love my HOOF....has stout mids, but isn't what I would call "commanding". It's kind of soft, but yet.....damn....I don't know. Unique.

Not quite as raw as the Russian green, but more refined and dynamic than the musket.

thought the musket was kind of compressed, but much more aggressive.

Archived