Best fuzz for doom?

Soundstorm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good gawdd...

This Pharaoh fuzz is hands down the best sounding pedal I've ever owned. Very useable across the board, and doesn't get in the way of your amp/guitar's tone (which I've heard claimed by all the manufacturer's but this is the best example of it so far).

Kickass pedal!

EDIT: DOOM IN A CAN, BITCHES

• Members

OCD on HP mode, volume a hair under 3 o'clock, gain at 8:30 into the Pharaoh on Lo input, gain at 2 o'clock, volume around noon, tones to taste on both. I run the OCD a little past noon on the tone knob, and the Pharaon Tone 1 (L) around 8:00, Tone 2 ® around 4:00.

I do run these into a VT-22 so they probably will work a little differently for you.

• Members

Not a clue. All I know is that Tone 1 at 9:00 and Tone 2 at 3:00 is supposed to be approximately a flat EQ, and Tone 1 full CCW and Tone 2 CW is a slightly boosted mids.

Pharaoh into a dirty amp is {censored}ing sick, though.

• Members

I wish I liked my Pharaoh as much as everyone else when I had mine. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome sounding fuzz with some very cool controls, but I didn't feel like it was quite the cat's meow that it seems to be for most (for me at least). Personally, I like my Hoof a lot better :idk:

• Members

Good gawdd...

This Pharaoh fuzz is hands down the best sounding pedal I've ever owned. Very useable across the board, and doesn't get in the way of your amp/guitar's tone (which I've heard claimed by all the manufacturer's but this is the best example of it so far).

Kickass pedal!

That's awesome. The guy from BAT (can't remember his name) is coming up to CT for a 3 day doom fest at a local venue. I'm probably going to cop a Pharoah or maybe one of his other fuzzes. They all sound awesome.

• Members

Good gawdd...

Kickass pedal!

Awesome I dig mine through my GTO 120.

• Members
I have his Sludgemaker and Donner Party, both are awesome and highly recommended.

Plus he built my bass player the MK1 Waltzing Matilda on the customs page on the website.

im glad u dig your sludge maker :) noisemaker effects FTW for the price of one DAM you can get 4 noisemakers.

Archived