CSB of the night!! Hung out with Rex Brown!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

So we were palyign at this studio tonight and it turns out Rex Brown (and Vinnie Appice) new band was playing in the room right next to us and we had no idea, I just thought the band next to us sounded really {censored}ing good. He comes out of the studio during one of our breaks and I instantly recognized the guy and started talking to him. Coolest mother{censored}er ever, he was hanging out with us for a bit, signed my bass player's bass and gave him some tips about tone and {censored}. Really down to earth, cool dude.

I was so excited I forgot to take a picture with him but my bass player did, I will post it here once he uploads it. But {censored} man, I am huge fan!! I was stoked to meet the guy and even more stoked to know he's a cool mother{censored}er :thu:

CSB!!!!!!

• Members

That's awesome man. I'm not at all surprised to find out he's a cool mofo. He is a good ole southern boy after all.

RSBro, what do you mean by "brownie"? Do you have one of his sig basses or something?

I haz the 5 string Spector in dees vid:

[video=youtube;SDYxRffYel4]

It's been my main player for almost 2 years now but is about to go under lock 'n key.

And I used to have dees one, but I sold it to another big Spector honk since I wasn't feeling the 4 string thing and I actually wanted something I could play... :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bassplayermag/5358214795/

• Members

Personally I'm kinda upset he dropped the Arms of the Sun thing. The little of their music they released was very King's X/AiC-ish and sounded great.

This is a pretty different direction, with KDH... :lol:

• Members

Got to see Rex with PanterA a few times. In '08 when I saw Down @ Nashville, Rex was out due to medical issues. His tech was filling in. Same with St Louis '09. By the time the 2011 tour came around, Rex was done gone from Down. (Say what you want..Pat Bruders is doing GREAT filling Rex's spot)

Wish I coulda saw Rex play with Down. Love Rex's work & he's cool to watch play. Check out Down's Diary Of A Mad Band. Some good Rex live stuff in that home vid.

Archived