Google...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't use Google+ or even log into my Google account anymore - unless I want to use Google docs/drive. Even then I'll soon be swapping to something like Dropbox instead.

I stopped using Chrome as it sucked pretty hard. I now use Opera.

I still use Google as a search engine but I always do a full cleanup at the end of the day and couldn't care less if Google save the mundane searches I make.

• Members

The more information that becomes readily available through the internet, the less secure your own personal identifying information becomes. So either become a hermit, or adapt.

Also: if it's about size of company, proliferation of brand/product, and overall ethos, I'm more wary of Apple and Microsoft.

• Members

I ended up embracing it. Google are into almost EVERYTHING, and as a busy busy man I NEED everything. Like the opposite of fightclub.

I have/use Google TV (revue), Android phone, gmail, picasa, gmaps, google docs etc. The only thing I don't use them for is online backup, webhosting and band stuff like soundcloud.

• Members

I feel you Billy. Rf emitting chips in our passports and ID's, face recognition and profiling, personality matrices, everything scares the crap out of me.

this.

I'm not the tin foil hat type, but {censored} I wish I could buy an island and start my own country.

• Members

One thing that made me chuckle is facebook just bought a company from Israel that specializes in photo/facial recognition.

That coupled with the govs backdoor FB will have to leave open for the FBI etc...Fingers crossed none of us have some untagged terrorist in the background of a random photo, haha.

• Members

FWIW, Google is one of the biggest opponents for the government censoring the web...I don't like most of their policies as far as tracking and all that, but at least they will put up a fight against the REAL big brother who wants to have full control over the internet...

Archived