The Texas father who beat up the guy abusing his daughter? Not being charged.

Murdoch

• Members

Glad to hear he is not vein charged. That family has been violated beyond words. I am father to a 12 year old girl and would do the same damn thing if I caught someone abusing her in ANY fashion. I can only imagine his heartache every time he looks at her. Her will see that 5 year old face forever and blame himself for not being there. That will haunt him longer than taking the life of the man that did it.

As a father, there would never be a time when I wouldn't blame myself for not keeping an eye on my child. Even harder to deal with is knowing that no matter what, your kids SHOULD be safe in their own home and around the guests in that home. We can't be with them every second of the day. They need some deep counseling, especially the husband and wife. They both need to realize they aren't to blame even though that will be the default source of guilt.

I really feel for that family.

• Members

Do you not realize that this man CAUGHT THIS {censored}BAG RAPING HIS LITTLE GIRL? That this was corroborated by evidence? The conclusion was reached that this man, placed in an impossible situation, simply reacted in a way that any good father would do?

• Members

i would rather he was tried for his crimes rather than murdered for them....yes i would have bashed him about the head too

Murdered. Really? Did you even read the story? Once he regained some composure and realized how badly he'd beaten the guy up, he called 911 and asked for an ambulance. He had no intention of actually beating the guy to death. If it HAD come to trial, the worst he would have gotten charged with would probably be involuntary manslaughter.

• Members

I'd feel a lot worse taking an animal's life than a human's.

I don't know why, I just know I would. I hunt, but ONLY when I'm at a point where the harvest will help my wallet. Otherwise I just don't see a need to kill a defenseless animal, for fun. Feel kinda bad sometimes tbh.

But a human raping my [non existent] daughter? I'd kill without thought emotion or thought. Before or after.

• Members
Sometimes the system does do what it's supposed to do.
:thu:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/19/us/texas-abuser-father/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Sounds like good people got put in the worst possible situation, and the system protected their rights the way it's supposed to. Wish I could say that's the way it always works.

I know nothing will undo that poor girl's violation, but at least she didn't get raped and then have to go through being a witness at her father's trial and possibly lose her dad to prison.

• Members

Great news, but the repurcussions of this {censored}ing scumbags actions will last 2 lifetimes...the daughter will probably never be the same, having been raped as a 5 year old, and the dad will probably never be the same having killed a man. {censored}ing whole situation sucks hard core, but at least there is justice to the degree that justice can be had.

Well said, agreed 100%.

Archived