Butt Dialing Can Land You in Jail

Hardvalve

• Members

this story is boring and stupid... but kinda funny. how do you butt dial 911
:rolleyes:

Some phones have auto emergency dialing feature :idk:

Like if you hold down a certain key? Hell, I don't know. I have had an iPhone since 2007 and they don't do any of that crap.

• Members

this story is boring and stupid... but kinda funny. how do you butt dial 911
:rolleyes:

my old Blackberry had a function that would emergency call 911, even while locked. i actually did accidentally call 911 once taking the phone out of my jacket. i thought i stopped it before it went through but 911 called back so i explained what happened and no problems. still, that function was stupid. too easy to call 911.

• Members

my old Blackberry had a function that would emergency call 911, even while locked. i actually did accidentally call 911 once taking the phone out of my jacket. i thought i stopped it before it went through but 911 called back so i explained what happened and no problems. still, that function was stupid. too easy to call 911.

Thats what mine did. I heard somebody talking, pulled out my phone and saw 911 on the screen :lol: I hung it up real quick but they called back.

• Members

I think pretty much all mobile phones have the bypass keylock in emergency calls feature. You just type the number (which is usually only three digits, like 911, 112.., and the keylock automatically goes off.

It's already way too easy to accidentally disable the keylock and dial to something random so it's super stupid to make dialing in to really important lines ludicrously easy.

I lost count on how many times my phone has tried to dial into some random combination (which luckily isn't often a valid number) and I think I have dialled to my local emergency line at least three times just because I kept the phone in my pocket.

Mobile phone manufacturers: REMOVE THAT STUPID FEATURE, OR AT LEAST HAVE A FEATURE TO DISABLE IT.

If some folks don't know how to disable a keylock in a mobile phone during emergencies (it's the same {censored}ing combination in 99.9% of them) then I think we should really just let Darwinism take over in those cases.

Archived