Downgrade recommendations

samzadgan

• Members

Well, when I compare the ht5 combo to my setup, my one was louder and I put it down to the 2x12 cab...so I think I would get a little quieter but also the space issue is another thing that I need to consider. I guess out of those options the Laney is the only one that I could get quiet based on the

• Members

Well, when I compare the ht5 combo to my setup, my one was louder and I put it down to the 2x12 cab...so I think I would get a little quieter but also the space issue is another thing that I need to consider. I guess out of those options the Laney is the only one that I could get quiet based on the

• Members

That might have to do with speaker quality. The speaking in the HT5 combo sucks while the ones in your Orange cab are awesome and probably much more efficient.

• Members

Downgrading due to size??

Do you live in one of these?

small-travel-trailers.jpg

If you love your current amp, the "only" sensible answer, in all reaality, is that: "You already have what you want".

But if the OCD is over taking you, then buy the matching Blackstar 1x12 cab.

Downgrading a 5 watt amp for less power is just plain silly (Turn down the volume knob instead)

BSHT5R-HALFSTACKb.jpg

Archived