It's currently 108 degrees in Richmond, VA.

OverDriven

• Members

Ah lovely.

We've haven't had a day where it's under ninety at 5:00 (when I go home) in two and a half weeks. Motocycle for a half hour in 90 degrees is just beautiful. And by beautiful, I mean {censored}. Not so bad when you're moving, but rush hour stop-go or stuck at a stop light waiting to turn left will damn near {censored}ing KILL you with the pavement reflecting all that heat right back up at your face. And next week will be hotter.

Now that they've finally given up on global warming and started calling it global climate change, we're finally getting kicked right square in the nuts with heat. Sounds like we're gonna have another three or more weeks of this here too, with no real rain in sight other than a little sprinkle that doesn't change the temp a bit here or there. Bleh.

Still, I'd rather have this than snow and ice so {censored} it. My wife wants to move to Alaska because she loves snow. I consider that utter lunacy.

• Members

Yeah to make thing worse, traffic is {censored}ed here today. I just sat in traffic for 2 hours to get home. It's normally a 15 minute ride.

I've been warned by a coworker that went to our showroom in town that the stupids are in full-force out on the road. It's very possible I could get stuck with a multi-hour ride home too tonight. I may just take the scenic route via the other interstate and avoid town as much as possible. I do NOT want to spend enough time on the bike to get my core temps up. That {censored} hangs with me all night when it happens unless I take a cool-down shower.

Oh yeah, 95+ F and 85+% humidity FTL!

• Members

I've been warned by a coworker that went to our showroom in town that the stupids are in full-force out on the road. It's very possible I could get stuck with a multi-hour ride home too tonight. I may just take the scenic route via the other interstate and avoid town as much as possible. I do NOT want to spend enough time on the bike to get my core temps up. That {censored} hangs with me all night when it happens unless I take a cool-down shower.

Oh yeah, 95+ F and 85+% humidity FTL!

That would be BASICALLY riding through a bowl of tomato soup. DNW.

• Members

Wow, that's hot. Humidity too? That's what people from different parts of the country don't understand about the East Coast. The humidity is a killer. 108 is a killer.

relative humidity here puts heat index at 112. :p

i think the word 'grody' really is as close as possible to a true description of what it feels like outside.

• Members

That would be BASICALLY riding through a bowl of tomato soup. DNW.

Some days you actually get condensation rolling off the windshield when there's no actual water droplets in the air. {censored}ing weird to fog up your helmet in that kinda heat too and have to keep it cracked or you can't see.

But, I'm a biker in the summer. Only thing that REALLY stops it is lightning. Or if I have to pick up something big at a store on the way home.

• Members

Thank god work has a parking garage here
:lol:

Man, that was always a life saver when I worked in the office. My old VW had shitty AC even when it was working 100%. If it was out in the sun all day? Not a chance of even being comfortable by the time I got home. When it was in the parking garage all day it was just fine.

Of course the sub par AC is why I traded it for the Volvo last year. It has brutal ass sub artic AC going on. It was sitting out the other day in the 104* weather and was freezing my balls within minutes :love:

• Members

Man, that was always a life saver when I worked in the office. My old VW had shitty AC even when it was working 100%. If it was out in the sun all day? Not a chance of even being comfortable by the time I got home. When it was in the parking garage all day it was just fine.

Of course the sub par AC is why I traded it for the Volvo last year. It has brutal ass sub artic AC going on. It was sitting out the other day in the 104* weather and was freezing my balls within minutes
:love:

LOL! Funny, my 92 honda wouldn't get cold for shit. By the time I'd get home from work, my back would be covered in sweat.

Got the Acura now, and that thing damn near blows out icicles :love: I can't run it on the lowest temperature because it's too damn cold :lol:

• Members

LOL! Funny, my 92 honda wouldn't get cold for shit. By the time I'd get home from work, my back would be covered in sweat.

Got the Acura now, and that thing damn near blows out icicles
:love:
I can't run it on the lowest temperature because it's too damn cold

damn bro, rocking the Acura these days?? Deets, bro!

• Members

Good God, man. Hell, it's only... I say only
... 97* here in Plano right now according to weather.com app. Feels like 96*
:idk:

You're showing 102* but feels like 112*. FUCK. mojo sent, bros!

Check this out.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=37.339802&lon=-77.458603&zoom=10&wxsn=1

See the one that says 107? Click it...heat index is 127. One hundred and mother fucking twenty fuck shit fucking seven.

Archived