Laney cab update!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

I did consult you guys first. The full-stack is HCAF common property
:)

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2926311-Trying-to-decide-if-I-should-sell-my-top-cab

Ah sorry, I missed that thread. Much like you missed the TWO clip threads i've posted in which I created a Tonefinder account JUST for you. :mad:

Either that or you just hated them. :lol:

• Members

You did the right thing. One 4x12 is perfect imo. two 4x12s makes it too heavy, gets one set of speakers at head height which means you tend to play less loudly, and splits the signal between 8 speakers so it's basically impossible to get some real speaker compression+cab involvement. Not that everyone needs that, of couse...

• Members

You did the right thing. One 4x12 is perfect imo. two 4x12s makes it too heavy, gets one set of speakers at head height which means you tend to play less loudly, and splits the signal between 8 speakers so it's basically impossible to get some real speaker compression+cab involvement. Not that everyone needs that, of couse...

yeah I agree. The tone is just better with a single cab. Realistically I don't play venues that are large enough to be able to fully use a full stack.

Archived