Got my K85's today!!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Holy {censored} they sound GREAT. My rig is sounding 1000x better with these speakers. Low end is tight as hell, the mids are just right and they have enough presence and cut without sounding harsh. Definitely one of the best speakers I have ever tried for high gain! :thu:

Raf did a good job with the packing too, although I don't know where the {censored} he got this lime green bubble wrap, {censored} looked like it came straight out of the Boogie Nights film set :lol:

• Members

Holy {censored} they sound GREAT. My rig is sounding 1000x better with these speakers. Low end is tight as hell, the mids are just right and they have enough presence and cut without sounding harsh. Definitely one of the best speakers I have ever tried for high gain!
:thu:

Raf did a good job with the packing too, although I don't know where the {censored} he got this lime green bubble wrap, {censored} looked like it came straight out of the Boogie Nights film set
:lol:

1000x better. wow!!! I might put some credence into what you posted but it has to be like at least 2000x better.

• Members

For those of us needing some background: what speakers did these replace, in what kind of cab, and with what head(s)? Was it you who was trying out the Texas Heats x 4 a little while ago?

Yes I tried the Texas Heats and did not like them at all. Too dull.

This cab had Celestion T100's which are actually decent but a bit too scooped to my taste (they're voiced close to the T75's). Changing to K-85s brought the mid-range back and I can use a much broader range of my amp's EQ now. They also seem to be a bit more efficient but that could be because of the restored mid-range.

I am using a Laney GH100L with a matching cab.

• Members

yes

No, never. Maybe you thinking of Raf, he had one and these speakers actually came out of it.

Nice. I LOVED K100's with my 5150 Blockletter when I tried it. I really want to hear what they would sound like with my 5150 III, but it just sounds so godly with the Greenbacks that I don't want to mess with a good thing.

• Members

yes

No, never. Maybe you thinking of Raf, he had one and these speakers actually came out of it.

Was he not overly impressed with it? I know, my memory sucks. :lol:

I'm not surprised you like them man, they are my favorite speaker.

• Members

Was he not overly impressed with it? I know, my memory sucks.
:lol:

I'm not surprised you like them man, they are my favorite speaker.

Long story short Raf is insane and lazy. He's opting for a mako 1x12 since he's no longer in a band and I think he was going to do it even if he was still in a band. I think.

Edit: He also has a pregnant gf/fiancee/wife (one of those) and needs $$$ I believe.

• Members

85's are great. I just traded one though. If it were 8ohm, I woulda kept it.

I had a mix of K85's & G12H100's that sounded pretty tough in a Marshall MF280B. I like 85's with about anything. My Broe has that cab now & uses it with a ProCo Rat pushed '72-ish Orange GRO 50. A huge sounding amp as is.. the 85 & h100 mix with it is great

• Members

Nice.
I LOVED K100's with my 5150 Blockletter
when I tried it. I really want to hear what they would sound like with my 5150 III, but it just sounds so godly with the Greenbacks that I don't want to mess with a good thing.

oh I can only imagine :love: Judging the tone of these speakers, they seem to be a perfect match to the 5150.

Archived