Back from teh bant with a Double NCD!!!!!! (Marshall Content)

Nick H

• Members

From what I have read and been told, boosts can have similar effects on an amp as attenuators, its just a technically different method of doing it. And boosts are in fact alot cheaper.

....and we told you that was not at all accurate. Boosts and attenuators are implemented in completely opposite ends of the amps signal path and do completely different/not at all comparable things.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, if its not something I have personnal experience with, I just repost advice that has been given to me. From what I have read and been told, boosts can have similar effects on an amp as attenuators, its just a technically different method of doing it. And boosts are in fact alot cheaper.

Whoever told you that is dumb as {censored}. That like saying an engine in a car is the same as tires, and they do basically the same thing. One of the stupidest thing I have read rergarding gear.

• Members

. Im still adjusting my eq to them, but so far they sound great, although not as good at lower volume levels, as the speakers are way bright. However, the overbrightness is not nearly as bad in the bottom cab as the top. Still, I will probably replace at least 2 of the speakers in the top cab.

The problem is not the speakers , the problem is with the top cab, you have 4 speakers aimed right at your {censored}ing face. I sold my top cab for that reason. It sounds much better withthe botton cab only.

Archived