hey guys.. help me with this deal

guitarbilly74

• Members

So I traded pickups with another forumite a few weeks ago on July 3rd. We both shipped our pickups on the same day. Since he lives relatively close, I got my pickup on July 5th. I also checked my tracking number and it showed delivered to him.

He PM'd me a few days later saying that even though it shows as delivered, he actually never received the pickup. I believe him. He's a good guy and very honest and he did ship his pickup to me on the same day we agreed to trade. So please no "{censored} the guy" comments. This is a good, honest guy who got screwed by the Postal Office. It's not his fault.

We both contacted our local offices and got a huge run around and eventually I was told they won't do {censored} for us because it shows as delivered and that's the end of the story as far as USPS is concerned.

My question is: how can I make this right? I don't want him to just eat the loss, again this is a good honest person. But I also don't want to be in a position where I lost my original pickup AND a lot of money on top of it, just to get a pickup that is roughly the same value.

In hindsight, I should have sent it with signature required but it costs a lot more and no one I know send small items like pickups that way. Bigger items, sure, but not little things like pickups. He didn't send his pickup with signature required either and I got it just fine. It's just the normal way to send small stuff.

Cliff notes:

traded pickups

both tracking numbers show as delivered

I got mine, he didn't get his

he's not lying about it.

Wat do? :confused::facepalm:

• Members

Send the pickup you got from him back?

You're out your pickup, but nothing else?

If I send stuff through the mail or that doesn't require a sig, I'm usually prepared to eat the cost if something goes tits up. Less that $50 usually.

Stupid postal service lost my mortgage check last month. Service is getting {censored}ty. I used to have some confidence that they could at least deliver a letter.

• Members

I know it's been a bit, but I'd wait it out another week or so.

I sold a pod to a guy once, and he pm'd me a month later saying it never showed up. I was in the process of coming up with a solution, when randomly he went by his local post office, and they were holding it there for some unknown reason...

• Members

Did he ask his neighbors if they got it instead? I'd wait a few days and see if it shows up. It still may. If not, and you believe him, I guess you owe him some money or his pickup back.

This.I get my neighbors mail every once in awhile, tell him to check with them first.

• Members

im honestly surprised this doesnt happen more often.

since weve moved to our new house ive noticed how little our courrier cares about her job. if she cant fit an item in the mailbox its not getting delivered. she will not get out of the truck for anything. no notice of attempted delivery, nothing. some of my neighbors have even posted {censored}ty reviews of her job performance on local review sites... i always have things shipped to my work.

it sucks but youve got to pay this guy or give him his pup back.

• Members

If you believe him you only have two choices. Either send him back his pickup or pay him a fair price for it.

I agree. I will offer these options and let him choose.

The pickup is a DiMarzio Super Distortion, what's a fair price for it? I was thinking $40? People normally sell them for 40-50 shipped.

• Members

I lived at an apt complex once that the mailman stole about 7 packages from me throughout the 16 months that I lived there, totalling about 400 dollars worth of stuff...some got replaced by the companies I purchased from, most was lost. But yeah, have him check with neighbors and go to his local post office distribution center and check there too. Never know. If not, then see if splitting the difference is acceptable, but honestly, Id either send him his pup back or pay him for it, and eat the loss myself if it were me.

• Members

I know it's been a bit, but I'd wait it out another week or so.

I sold a pod to a guy once, and he pm'd me a month later saying it never showed up. I was in the process of coming up with a solution, when randomly he went by his local post office, and they were holding it there for some unknown reason...

This - not necessarily the waiting, but checking at the Post Office.

Delivered only means it got to the destination post office - says nothing about it being delivered to the guys house.

I had the same thing happen to me with something (can't for the life of me remember what it was).

I was checking the website - it showed as DELIVERED.

The following day I still didn't have it - so I went to the Post Office AGAIN (I had went the first day, and they told me it was with the carrier).

It took them a good 30-40 minutes, but they found it.

• Members

This - not necessarily the waiting, but checking at the Post Office.

Delivered only means it got to the destination post office - says nothing about it being delivered to the guys house.

I had the same thing happen to me with something (can't for the life of me remember what it was).

I was checking the website - it showed as DELIVERED.

The following day I still didn't have it - so I went to the Post Office AGAIN (I had went the first day, and they told me it was with the carrier).

It took them a good 30-40 minutes, but they found it.

USPS is being really unhelpful. He went down there twice and they keep telling him that I should open a claim. I went to my office in CA and they said they can't open a claim for me because it is out of state. I contacted the CO postal office and they told me it shows delivered and they won't do anything about it. At this point I am sick of dealing with USPS, they really don't give a {censored}.

• Members

USPS is being really unhelpful. He went down there twice and they keep telling him that I should open a claim. I went to my office in CA and they said they can't open a claim for me because it is out of state. I contacted the CO postal office and they told me it shows delivered and they won't do anything about it. At this point I am sick of dealing with USPS,
they really don't give a {censored}.

I blame ObamaCare.

Archived