New Periphery album is AWESOME.

Chrisjd

• Members

What are these guys tuning to and what bridge pickups are they using?

This is the best song off the album, take a listen:

[video=youtube;F8Y73-wNDbc]

Another amazing one, although it is obviously Meshuggah inspired

[video=youtube;1pskj9sbffg]

• Members

i want to see them play ji, scarlet, or luck as a constant live

can't figure out how spencer hits those crazy high notes with his vocals.

by the way, facepalm mute is dope but i think luck as a constant is the best song on the album

• Members

that track make total destroy is friggin amazing. Nolly how long have you been in the band and you're playing bass with them? is it hard to collaborate because they are from here in the states and you are in Europe?

• Members

You know, I had the preorder t-shirt/CD pack show up several weeks back and haven't even gotten around to opening the CD yet. I have been wearing the shirt around though. It's just been a busy summer.

I'm gonna have to take an hour or so and give it a listen sometime soon.

• Members

Glad you like the record. Those songs you linked are in drop Ab (7-string), and we mainly used Bare Knuckle Holy Diver and Aftermath bridge pickups.

:thu:

Wasn't the first album a crunch lab/ liquifire combo?

• Members

:thu:

Wasn't the first album a crunch lab/ liquifire combo?

Not quite, the 7-string tracks were done with Misha's JP7 with the original pickups those guitars sold with (pre D-sonic, etc). The 6-string songs, all leads and most layers were tracked with a Cold Sweat bridge, Painkiller neck set in his Blackmachine B2.

• Members

I like this , the only thing I personally don't like in this modern kind of metal style are the pop vocals in the choruses. Just my 2c, but I'm simply not a big fan of the concept verse-heavy as {censored}, chorus-pop. Not my cup of tea (or coffee) I guess :idk:

I do love the guitars, though.

• Members

ill be dead honest ive hated everything about this band so far

but that song they have a music video is great

the vocals still arent my thing but he sound like as much of a sissy as he did on the last record. much better production on the vocals here and suites the music better. i might have to check out this album, it could grow on me.

• Members

erised and ragnarok are my favourites.

and Nolly are you looking forward to soundwave?

HELL YES. So glad it's finally been announced officially so I can talk about how goddamn excited I am for it hahaha

• Members

haha it's pretty much a massive awesome day. hope the scheduling doesn't suck too much and you can do some sweet {censored} instead of work and fit in sleep haha.

please tell me some of you are aware of this, even thought it's not from the new cd

[video=youtube;wrfeqyAaT8g]

• Members

Sounds awesome. :cool:

I'm still not into the pop-ish vocal parts, but the vocals have definitely improved.

IMO the heavier vocal parts sound pretty good -- definitely much better than most vocals that sound like someone suffering the unrelenting torture of chronic stool patrol, inescapably stuck in hardcore push mode with no end in sight. :mad::D

But even though I'm not into the popier vocal parts, this forum's made me realize some people prefer that vocal style. I say if you're going to go with it, do it well and continue to develop it, and it seems that's happening.

Archived