Ibanez hate?

cacheek

• Members

I'm going to save for a new guitar, I was looking at some Ibanez stuff, but I heard there was a lot of hate. I'm looking at the S-series Prestiges. What are your thoughts?

I do eventually want to get a Carvin, but so ... long ... to ... wait. And high dollar. Maybe a purchase later on?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like some of them. Dont care for the thin wide necks.

I've actually had the opposite with my Ibanez. Although the neck is thin and wide. It fits my hand perfectly. I've had nothing but good experiances with Ibanez guitars personally.

• Members

Ibanez makes some of the best guitars out there for the money. Also very consistent build quality. Nice to find a guitar you like buy it and want to buy a backup and be able to find one that plays nearly the same. There are some that don't have thin wide necks. Find an older Ghostrider those necks remind me of my Les Pauls.

• Members

They had a double cutaway model that was kinda "PRS" looking 5-6 years ago I really loved. Was a hard tail, and came in a gold top - like finish. I cant remember the model name though.

Ive always loved the look & feel of the old Iceman guitars. Gaudy, but really cool at the same time.

• Members

They had a double cutaway model that was kinda "PRS" looking 5-6 years ago I really loved. Was a hard tail, and came in a gold top - like finish. I cant remember the model name though.

Ive always loved the look & feel of the old Iceman guitars. Gaudy, but really cool at the same time.

Iceman guitars are kind of like bulldogs, ugly but lovable.

• Members

http://www.google.com/search?q=ibanez+sz+goldtop&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5zg1UIbENoT00gG94YHQAQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=673

• Members

If you like 'em who cares what anyone else thinks?

Lotsa people don't share my taste in guitars.

{censored}s are not being given.

:o

This. I hate Ibanez guitars and find them dangerously mundane and ugly...that being said my "signature guitar" is a goddamn BC Rich Draco. Think the Draco is a piece of {censored}? The {censored} Bank is closed..I have none to give

• Members

An Ibanez raped my home and burnt my family.

Honestly, they don't sell a single guitar below the $1500 mark that doesn't come with utter {censored} pickups. Swap pickups and most any of their guitars can be made good to really good. I do wish they made more hardtails in the RG/RGA/RGD lineup, but what ya gonna do?

• Members

I'm going to save for a new guitar, I was looking at some Ibanez stuff, but I heard there was a lot of hate. I'm looking at the S-series Prestiges. What are your thoughts?

I do eventually want to get a Carvin, but so ... long ... to ... wait. And high dollar. Maybe a purchase later on?

haters gonna hate. {censored} em. Very few cork sniffers could pass a blind listen test.

I don't have an Ibanez electric cause they have mostly skinny necks, but that is mostly subjective and I can recognize that.

I have an '84 Ibanez Bass that is teh groooowliest mofo. I've saved up multiple times to try out a different lectric bass and never found one I liked better.

Archived