What band has the worst anti-fanbois?

teemuk

• Members

It's comments like this that make me wonder if it was more of the fact that everyone was sick of "hair" rock and just wanted something different, or was it that Nirvana was just THAT good, or both, and what was the breakdown? Kind of like the idea that one may not like a Dem/Pub controlled congress, so, they vote the other side in because of how bad the current peeps are doing, not so much because the other party is THAT good.

Yeah...that's really all I was TRYING to say. (which as usual you put so clearly :) )

Anti-establishment. Right time. Got the huge backing. Real lucky dude, why'd he have to blow out his brains?

It's not that the music was SO great or SO horrible. Just something the bigwigs put out there and people took to. There's nothing WRONG with that....I can still get me hair metal :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXhB520Xz4I

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nobody has mentioned John Mayer yet? A whole lotta hate for that guy. What a whole lotta hate.

Yeah, but that {censored}-cock has banged some grade A ass. I give him a pass on that alone.

For me the Metallica hate irks the {censored} out of me,....enough already,.........{censored}. :lol:

Yeah, Nirvana too. Oh, and Jack White.

• Members

I was being a bit facetious. Anti-fan-boi I guess.
:idk:

But I realize you are looking for a fight just about every/any time with me, right? The good thing about music is that you can put out anything...and either people will like it or not. Hard to be critical if people buy it. It doesn't necessarily make it musical genius or not. And not everything needs to be.

There are certain parts of the 80's that needed ending. I've always thought it was Pearl Jam and Soundgarden more that Nirvana. But to dismiss the whole 80's genre is equally as rubbish, right? I know how it works....one dimensional perspective abounds. The irony.

First off -- wat?

Secondly,........wat?

• Members

First off -- wat?

Secondly,........wat?

WAT WAT?

I figured it could be a bit more to chew than some people can manage. But if you have a specific question I can clarify...it might save some bit of agony. Or we can just go back and forth a million times until we get to it.

• Members

Oh yeah, just remembered...there's always someone that rabidly bashes Led Zeppelin in the following manner: "They ripped off the old blues guys:mad:
:mad:
:mad:"

That was 40 {censored}ing years ago...get over it already.
:cop:

That was Caulk Rocket. Since he spent most of his time posting in PP, I don't think he get's over things easily.

Worst anti-fan bois: Guys who hate "emo" for the image and the "whiny" vocals (lumping in a massive pile of bands from Underoath to My Chemical Romance to Fall Out Boy) yet adore hair metal. Did you actually see what guys in hair bands wore? Yes? Ok, shut up about image. Are some vocals weak and whiny? Yup but for every 1 good & powerful hair metal vocalist, there were 5 other guys who just could caterwaul really high. :cop:

• Members

Justin Bieber haters are annoying.

If it wasn't for them I would never have to hear about him at all.

I almost posted that. Why does every rock or metal video on YouTube need a comment by some 14 year old who's proud that he doesn't like Beiber?

• Members

I almost posted that. Why does every rock or metal video on YouTube need a comment by some 14 year old who's proud that he doesn't like Beiber?

There is a lot of truth to this....he shows up in almost every comment section - "...REAL music, not like that (insert insult here) Justin Beiber..."

Why even make the comparison? We know there aren't any Blazing Marshalls in a Beiber song...:facepalm:

• Members

There is a
lot
of truth to this....he shows up in almost every comment section - "...REAL music, not like that (insert insult here) Justin Beiber..."

Why even make the comparison? We know there aren't any Blazing Marshalls in a Beiber song...
:facepalm:

Or Lady Gaga, except that I personally like LG's music. :idk:

• Members

Justin Bieber haters are annoying.

If it wasn't for them I would never have to hear about him at all.

This. Seems to be the same group that hates twilite. WHAT THE {censored} YOU HAVE LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC AND WATCHED THAT {censored}ING MOVIE?

Still a better love story than... oh wait, I have no idea because I wasn't stupid enough to watch that movie due to the fact that I'm not a durtard.

• Members

Nirvana gets a lot of flack, but I honestly think Cobain would hate a good portion of his current fans as well :lol:. He seemed to me like more of the type that wanted to "sort of" make it, not blow up into the big time band that Nirvana became.

I can actually stand some Creed. Nickelback really isn't THAT terrible, just sorta your standard hard rock band. The real issue with them is the repetitiveness of their music + constant airplay on the radio. People can only take so much of one song.

Archived