What band has the worst anti-fanbois?

teemuk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I live in a small west Ky town. It's just something that you dont see / hear of alot about. I know alot of black rednecks. To hear them talk, they sound more country than I do, but get in the car with them, and its either hip hop , rap, dance music, or old school R&B . The black dudes that I do know that listen to rock / metal were all raised up around white people, or didnt come from here. I guess in bigger cities / non small towns, it's more common. Ive been to hall shows an hour or two away from here & have seen the occasional black punk, but that's on up into Illinois, or down in Nashville TN.

I grew up around black people..hell I remember my elementary school had just one white kid for one year..and I didn't see another one in school until high school. My mother was into different types of music. She loved Rick Derringer, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, etc. I guess I got it from her, although the metal thing she never understood. She always said she had no idea how I found that {censored}. The funny thing is I got her into Marilyn Manson. We would fight over my cd's all the time. I actually had to make her a mix cd of all the songs by him she liked. The look on white kids faces when a green Expedition rolls up blasting "I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me" and there's a 50 year old black woman inside...priceless

• Members
I grew up around black people..hell I remember my elementary school had just one white kid for one year..and I didn't see another one in school until high school. My mother was into different types of music. She loved Rick Derringer, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, etc. I guess I got it from her, although the metal thing she never understood. She always said she had no idea how I found that {censored}. The funny thing is I got her into Marilyn Manson. We would fight over my cd's all the time.
I actually had to make her a mix cd of all the songs by him she liked. The look on white kids faces when a green Expedition rolls up blasting "I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me" and there's a 50 year old black woman inside...priceless

:thu:

• Members

As far as Megadeth goes: Yeah Mustaint is known to be a douche and had been fighting an uphill battle of rivaling Metallica. What's irritating is that no matter what he does, he will always have haters yelling "2nd rate Metallica" and {censored}.

Does he deserve to be shat on? Of course he does. But do you have to beat on a dead horse?
:lol:

the thing is, it's him that keeps bringing Metallica up. The man got voted best metal guitarist of all time by some publication, but still on Guitar Center sessions - they ask about being born again and he brings up Metallica - WTF dave. I wanna like the guy but then he starts talking...

• Members

There are black Hootie & The Blowfish fans...some n***as ain't got no damn taste
:lol:

Damn man, I only have so much room in my sig! :lol:

I try not to hate on any band, especially ones that are more famous than I am.

I don't "like" Nirvana, but I "get" Nirvana, for the most part. I can dig simple music, heck, I like some pop music, and most of that is simple to a fault. BUT, I will get tired of simple music, just like I get tired of listening to prog. I'm a DT fan, but after listening to an album or two, I'll put them away for 6 months or more, because I want to listen to a different style.

• Members

Metallica

Nickleback

Nirvana

Periphery

Meshuggah

Real answer: any. There is music you dont like. Boo hoo, dont {censored}ing listen to it, and leave people alone.

But the above seem to be the most irritating, persistent and obsessive. Sort of like people that claim to be 100% straight and spend much of their time and energy hating on gays. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm how the {censored} does that work, I wonder?

• Members
creed and nickelback suck THAT bad, homie.

No, they really don't. A few people decided to hate them and their peers jumped on the bandwagon. Next thing you know it was cool to hate Creed and Nickelback. But the hatred is unwarranted and is simply based on envy and jealousy of their success and popularity. There are thousands of popular bands that suck much worse than either of these bands.

I don't really care for either of the bands, just making an observation.

:idk:

• Members

No, they really don't. A few people decided to hate them and their peers jumped on the bandwagon. Next thing you know it was cool to hate Creed and Nickelback. But the hatred is unwarranted and is simply based on envy and jealousy of their success and popularity. There are thousands of popular bands that suck much worse than either of these bands.

So the blatant Vedder Syndrome and rockstar posturing that Scott Stapp does doesn't bother you a bit?

I'm not ashamed to say I like SOME of Nickelback's song, but overall... :lol:

• Members

Hatred of a given band = {censored}tiness x popularity + image - redeeming factor

Its a formula that cranks out hate for bands like that as well as Limp Bizkit, you can't stop it its just how nature works.

• Members

I don't see a lot of bandwagon hopping when it comes to band hatred. It's more a matter of how much the band gets shoved down your throat and whether or not you hear anything in them you can stand. Shoved down your throat and you like them you end up at "meh." Shoved down your throat and you don't care for it you end up at, "GAWD DAMN IT I'M GONNA TAKE THAT NICKLEBACK CD OUT OF YOUR CAR AND SHOVE IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ASS SO HARD YOU'LL BE PLAYING IT WITH YOUR TEETH!"

• Members

I don't see a lot of bandwagon hopping when it comes to band hatred. It's more a matter of how much the band gets shoved down your throat and whether or not you hear anything in them you can stand. Shoved down your throat and you like them you end up at "meh." Shoved down your throat and you don't care for it you end up at, "GAWD DAMN IT I'M GONNA TAKE THAT NICKLEBACK CD OUT OF YOUR CAR AND SHOVE IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ASS SO HARD YOU'LL BE PLAYING IT WITH YOUR TEETH!"

I don't care if you hate Nickelback or Creed so much that you'd rather listen to a rather vocal all-male orgy. You can't honestly tell me that much of the hate for those two bands in particular isn't bandwagon hopping.

Archived