Thats it, I'm done caring about politics...

kooter82

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet if you made/sold meth in miss you could make 200k a year easy

truth. honestly, around Booneville its all rural area. towns that are, seriously, comprised of like 20 people. meth cooking is abundant in the area. hell, its abundant where i am, there is a lot of rural area near me. i swear there is a meth house bust every day in the newspaper, or someone else getting caught buying the ingredients at 3 different supermarkets in the same day. lots of meth junkies around here too...pretty sad really that people cant find something better to do than hanging out at Wal Mart or doing meth. get a {censored}in hobby!

• Members

I don't know, when gas is $4.50 a gallon, grocery prices inflated as they are, car insurance @$300/mo. and rents are what they are; 250k/yr DOES seem middle class anymore. If your bringing in less than 100k, you're low class in today's America.

I'm low class
:cry:

if 250k is middle class, i must be homeless.

• Members

truth. honestly, around Booneville its all rural area. towns that are, seriously, comprised of like 20 people. meth cooking is abundant in the area. hell, its abundant where i am, there is a lot of rural area near me. i swear there is a meth house bust every day in the newspaper, or someone else getting caught buying the ingredients at 3 different supermarkets in the same day. lots of meth junkies around here too...pretty sad really that people cant find something better to do than hanging out at Wal Mart or doing meth. get a {censored}in hobby!

making meth is a hobby.

• Members

In the mid-atlantic & N/E USA, I would say that is pretty close to reality - like it or not. Keep supporting Obama if you want to keep being overtaxed to support the poor - sounds like exactly why I went to college & get up at 5 AM every morning to get ahead while the Obamabots who will re-elect him sleep in ...

you ******, only liberals go to college.

• Members

What should we expect when we have millionaires for President and most other elected offices. Even though they are elected officials to represent the public as a whole they obviously still think of their own well being and others like them first. Why do you think tax rates and loop holes are like they are, out sourcing of jobs is rampant, price gouging is rampant, wages are way down, insurance continues to skyrocket, corporations are making more money than ever, the top 1% have more than half the wealth of all other US citizens combined, etc..., etc...

The USA needs a President that knows what it's like to be a normal citizen working to live, feed their famileis, pay bills, etc.. but when the super wealthy controls everything political good luck. Obama came from Harvard Law school, Romney is a millionaire business man that keeps his finacial records secret. These are our choices for helping the USA.:lol:

• Members
All I know is if other people have more than I do then I'm entitled to it.
:)

A majority of US people are willing to work and work hard for what they make. They aren't asking for anything to be given to them. Most don't give a {censored} how many millions/billions CEOs and corporations make as long as they have a chance to work and live. That's getting harder and harder to do when jobs continue to be outsourced, wages continue to shrink, costs continue to rise and corporations continue to make record profits.

• Members

A majority of US people are willing to work and work hard for what they make. They aren't asking for anything to be given to them. Most don't give a {censored} how many millions/billions CEOs and corporations make as long as they have a chance to work and live. That's getting harder and harder to do when jobs continue to be outsourced, wages continue to shrink, costs continue to rise and corporations continue to make record profits.

Right, so we need to take from others to level the playing field right? I mean if we're having trouble as you say, then the obvious answer is to take from those that earn more. :)

BTW, how much stuff made overseas do you own?

• Members

Around here (Philly suburbs) there are a LOT of people that make $200,000+ between husband and wife

I make a lttle less than 1/2 that, but as a single income household - I can pay the bills, but not much disposable income.

I know it's way different than that in major portions of rural america - you can easily live on $50,000 a year there.

Inner cities also a completely different ball game.

• Members
Right, so we need to take from others to level the playing field right? I mean if we're having trouble as you say, then the obvious answer is to take from those that earn more.

BTW, how much stuff made overseas do you own?

I don't think he said that at all. He was stating that millionaires can go ahead and be as rich as they want, but when your middle class begins to suffer and disappear, then something is wrong.

• Members

Right, so we need to take from others to level the playing field right? I mean if we're having trouble as you say, then the obvious answer is to take from those that earn more.

BTW, how much stuff made overseas do you own
?

This is an interesting question...

I own a bunch of big ticket guitar gear most of which is either US built guitars or amps I built myself. The bulk of the rigs I build people utilize components like RJM music stuff which is a US company who makes their stuff here.

I drive a Honda... Now... Honda and Toyota build more cars in America than the "US" car makers so that's nice. My particular car was built in Japan but it's nice that car companies like Honda, Toyota, BMW, etc have decided to open plants and pay very good wages to US workers to build their cars here. Ford, GMC, and Chrysler move across the river into Canada so their workers get free medical coverage, or they move their plants to Mexico to get rock bottom wages.

There's nothing wrong with outsourcing as long as you're building stuff in other countries that your own economy isn't good at. By that I mean little low cost widgets like the typical MIC crap you see at Walmart. When you start losing good paying tech jobs that's a problem.

Edit:

About leveling the playing field...

One thing that's always bothered me about the ideological position of the hardcore right wing... You, and they, seem to see it as an ideological issue. Must protect the wealth of the super rich because by God they earned it. Mustn't steal the wealth of the rich and give to those lazy {censored}s on the bottom because if they had more drive they wouldn't be poor right?

Here's a different way of looking at it...

The low/middle class make up the vast bulk of your consumers. They spend far more money than your rich folks. It's in the economies best interest to make sure they have money to spend because if they're taken care of everyone, even the rich keep getting richer through increasing aggregate demand. If you take what we've had over the last 30 or so years which is increasingly more and more of our society's wealth being trapped at the top echelon or being lodged in offshore accounts then the economy starts to go stagnant because demand starts to falter.

• Members

we need to start the 35k/yr party.

I'd venture to say anything less than 20k in this country is poverty. Below 12k is just unlivable. Again, this is my thoughts in states like Ca, etc. not butthole Mississippi.

Just remember that food, gas etc isn't counted in our inflation. And that's really why I say 200k family is middle class. With kids need for food an the sheer cost of food alone, that'll create a big hole.

Plus, in most American cities urban sprawl is definitely something to consider with the current gas prices. Something as simple as taking kids to school, getting groceries or hell, just driving to work can bring significant cost.

Lots of people figure that sometimes its actually cheaper to stay at home than to drive to the job site.

• Members

My wife and I make a combined $64K a year, roughly. We own a bungalow on 27 acres, with a shed and a swank detached garage, on a river, with two paid-for vehicles. If we made $200K a year we'd be Kanye West-style ballin'. Seriously, we would be considered rich as {censored}.

'Course, it's all relative, because we live in rural Canada.

Archived