Will somebody please explain the appeal of helmet mohawks?

the_gunslinger

• Members

Bro culture. Bro.

These predate bro culture by a bit.

One of the lady riders (and I use the term lady loosely) at the office wears one of these. To quote my dad when he saw her marching down the hall in her leathers and mohawk helmet, "WTF is that? It looks like some kind of retarded centurion or something."

I have yet to meet a person that wears one of these that I'd ever want to ride with/around/near. This gal at the office has laid her bike down more times in the past few years than most people will in a lifetime. Twice at speed. She rides like a crazy person. Swerving and weaving even on open roads. She'll listen to music with her ipod and pound on the handlebar and the floorboards in various rhythms sending the bike careening back and forth, sometimes in the lane, sometimes crossing over lanes. She's a {censored}ing nut.

Sadly, we go the same direction and I sometimes end up behind her on the way in or out. I just back WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the {censored} off and give her as much room as possible.

I consider those helmets a warning. "I'm a {censored}ing idiot, and will likely wipe out soon." Give them a wide berth.

• Members

Bah. Too many idiots and way too many Harleys on the road.

I'd rather listen to a screaming rice rocket over a farting hog all damn day.

Actually, those idiotic fauxhawk helmets are worn almost exclusively by the bro-heavy rice rocket set. You know, the ones who drive like the biggest idiots, weaving in and out of traffic, BEGGING to be killed. :o

• Members

Actually, those idiotic fauxhawk helmets are worn almost exclusively by the bro-heavy rice rocket set. You know, the ones who drive like the biggest idiots, weaving in and out of traffic, BEGGING to be killed.
:o

Yeah I know. I was just making a completely unsubstantiated blanket statement;)

• Members

Actually, those idiotic fauxhawk helmets are worn almost exclusively by the bro-heavy rice rocket set. You know, the ones who drive like the biggest idiots, weaving in and out of traffic, BEGGING to be killed.
:o

This. They are the kind of riders that also lower and stretch their bikes to make them look like track bikes and NEVER even touch the track. It's just a tacky trend like the, as I like to call them, "speed holes" guys put on a hoopty's front fenders, like on old and some newer Buiks. There's not real purpose, just poor taste.

Archived