cool pics from last Friday's gig

guitarbilly74

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ej

View Post

This.

loose jeans=old men.

That's cool. I'm 38 and really comfortable with my age. I have no desire to dress like a young kid at this point of my life smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Cool pics mang.

Bassist needs a Laney Nexus - 8 mother{censored}ing KT88's eek.gifeek.giflove.giflove.gif

30281-laney-nexus-tube-bass-head.-400-wa

nexus_2.jpg

That's {censored}ing SICK!!! Oh man, I can only imagine. My bass player is a huge GK fan though, I'd have a hard time convincing him to buy anything but GK amps. I've been trying to talk him into getting something like the SVT for years, but he tried it and didn't like it much. He does get a great tone out of his GK rig though, so I am not complaining.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah I just finished doing a set up on the Hamer last night. Its time to put it back into rotation Totally_jammin_out.gif

Dig. I'mma rock my Studio this Friday ... though I don't know if I'll have that third knob replaced by then... eek.gificon_lol.gif But the Mirage is gonna be a while getting its new hardware installed, so my other baby's gwine get some luv. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

The '63 is still here but I'd never ever gig with it. I traded my Special RI a while back because the neck was just uncomfortable and I still wish I had it frown.gif

Traded my newer Standard a long time ago.

Sorry, but this is some TGP-style fail, Dave. Old guitars that cool need to played, I still gig my strat, I just don't leave it unattended.

And congrats on getting a singer, Billy thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

It's a family heirloom. My dad bought it way back when. It's never for sale and will be passed on to one of my sons smile.gif

All that said, I've been looking at faded specials lately. SG's are so {censored}ing rock and roll love.gif

as far as fadeds go, get a brown one, and play a few. mine is great. ive played some dogs though from that line. mine was complete luck of the draw, love at first sight type of {censored}. then again, mine is hardly stock anymore.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by '63-Strat

View Post

Sorry, but this is some TGP-style fail, Dave. Old guitars that cool need to played, I still gig my strat, I just don't leave it unattended.

And congrats on getting a singer, Billy thumb.gif

I agree, but if the guitar was a gift from his dad and has a lot of sentimental value, I can understand that too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

as far as fadeds go, get a brown one, and play a few. mine is great. ive played some dogs though from that line. mine was complete luck of the draw, love at first sight type of {censored}. then again, mine is hardly stock anymore.

yeah I think the brown faded SG is one of the coolest guitars out there, regardless of price. I wouldn't even customize as much as you did. Just some aged nickel hardware and pickup covers and it is sexy as hell. That's probably going to be my next guitar.

• Members

View Post

I agree, but if the guitar was a gift from his dad and has a lot of sentimental value, I can understand that too.

Mine was sort of a gift from my Dad too. My old guitar teacher found it for me (and later tried to low-ball me for it as he wanted to buy it in the first place but didn't have cash at the time icon_lol.gif). It was 3k CDN in '96 (roughly $2200 USD at the time), and I couldn't afford it but knew it was an insane find (refin but had it checked out prior to and is otherwise all original). My Dad paid for it and deal was I had to pay him back half. I've had lots of serious offers for market value for it since but would never sell it. I've told g/fs it's worth more than my life, they laugh but... it is icon_lol.gif

I still gig that sucker though cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

Yeah but if you look at a vintage Strat the wrong way the headstock won't fall off. biggrin.gif

True, but unless you're leaving it on a stand or something it's not likely for that to happen with a Gibson either. I've never broken a headstock on a gibson yet, would definitely gig a vintage one if I had one. Of course, it's Dave's guitar he can do w/e the hell he wants with it wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieslayer

View Post

Been meaning to send you the pics and vids I took as well.

Here are a few for The Few thumb.gif

IMAG1135.jpg

IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1137.jpg

Also, these have horrible sound quality... icon_lol.gif but here are 2 video clips from the last few songs m/

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7675826/The%20Few/VIDEO0048.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7675826/The%20Few/VIDEO0049.mp4

oh man!! Drop Box is blocked here and I want to see them!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Let me check if I can see them from my phone icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by '63-Strat

View Post

True, but unless you're leaving it on a stand or something it's not likely for that to happen with a Gibson either. I've never broken a headstock on a gibson yet, would definitely gig a vintage one if I had one. Of course, it's Dave's guitar he can do w/e the hell he wants with it wink.gif

I can guarantee you don't have a Gibson with a neck as thin as the 63 wink.gif

I gig Gibsons as well but not that one. It does get played but I don't play shows that are worth bringing out a guitar I could never afford to replace. It has minor finish checking but otherwise in amazing condition.

• Members

View Post

oh man!! Drop Box is blocked here and I want to see them!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Let me check if I can see them from my phone icon_lol.gif

Lol! I was gonna PM / e-mail you the links to the rest anyway... I can photobucket some now if you'd like or wait til you get home :p

• Members
I can guarantee you don't have a Gibson with a neck as thin as the 63
;)

I gig Gibsons as well but not that one. It does get played but I don't play shows that are worth bringing out a guitar I could never afford to replace. It has minor finish checking but otherwise in amazing condition.

Well... my custom shop '63 335 actually has a pretty thin neck ;) As does my lp std with 60s neck...

Archived