New G'N'R live stuff!!! Axl on his A-game!

FrostByte

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75

View Post

No, it's just Axhole who's having a hard time catching a breath.

K, i couldn't tell. It was just the beginning and not used to hearing that on acoustic. I can't imagine playing that on acoustic. freak.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

View Post

Got to give props to the band for performing as though they have the best vocalist of all time firing on all cylinders. I was expecting "WTF" faces from all of them.

Bludgeoning him with their instruments was warranted.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

So....I suck at guitar. And the dude was playing it on acoustic. But.......................

Did it sound off too? I mean not to the degree of Axl's screeching.

Hell yeah it's off...it's wicked out of tune.

• Members

Just watched a few videos from that show.

I dont think there are words for how pure crap that performance is .

and Who the hell keeps hitting ope string out of tunes bum notes on every song

these are pros

I dont know whats sadder Axl rose taking peoples money or people thinking they are still going to a real GNR show

pathetic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by skinsscalper

View Post

It's true that his vocal style doesn't help. Steven Tyler's been doing a similar style for years. Ditto for Bryan Johnson. I agree with you though that you can't constantly strain your voice like that and expect to be in it for the long haul. Honestly, the singer that amazes me is Blackie Lawless. Sure he's fat and old and WAAAAY past his prime, but when he does perform that {censored}er still brings it (vocally) after all these years. His style is VERY tough to cop.

Yeah, but Blackie most likely does it with proper, healthy vocal technique, hence why he's still going strong despite being fat and old.

And yes, Blackie still sounds {censored}ing great.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte

View Post

That was my first thought but... 'tis not so.

Another gem from a couple years ago:

He just flat out sounds like {censored} these days.

That wasn't bad at all, minus the eff.ed guitar solo parts. He performed like this in their heyday too.

Most guys with similar 'instinctive' shouting style would suffer from vocal chord damages after a couple of years. Think for ex. Chris Cornell. The only person is the AC/DC's singer, I can't detect any effect.

• Members

Laugh all you want. Axl has contributed more to rock and heavy music than any of you suckers :D

Personally, I don't get the point of these bull{censored} acoustic things. They're all crap. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, didn't get it. It wasn't "soulful", it wasn't "intimate", it wasn't "compelling". It was just tedious. Same with Guns 'n Roses unplugged. I mean, wtf!?

But really, I enjoy GnR. They influenced me a lot growing up, I used to learn GnR songs just the same as Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Sepultura songs and I'm not ashamed of any of that. Sorry you're all bitter and twisted up about an old guy who still has the bottle to create a bunch of drama and still get up on stage regardless of health, but sucks to be you :D

Personally, if I'm still commanding an audience when I'm an old-ass bitch barely able to strum through arthritis, then {censored} yea! Balls to anyone who slings mud, I say!

• Members

Laugh all you want. Axl has contributed more to rock and heavy music than any of you suckers
:D

Personally, I don't get the point of these bull{censored} acoustic things. They're all crap. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, didn't get it. It wasn't "soulful", it wasn't "intimate", it wasn't "compelling". It was just tedious. Same with Guns 'n Roses unplugged. I mean, wtf!?

But really, I enjoy GnR. They influenced me a lot growing up, I used to learn GnR songs just the same as Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Sepultura songs and I'm not ashamed of any of that. Sorry you're all bitter and twisted up about an old guy who still has the bottle to create a bunch of drama and still get up on stage regardless of health, but sucks to be you
:D

Personally, if I'm still commanding an audience when I'm an old-ass bitch barely able to strum through arthritis, then {censored} yea! Balls to anyone who slings mud, I say!

I was waiting for the, "Yeah but he's famous and you're not" crowd to join us. Welcome. :thu:

• Members

I was waiting for the, "Yeah but he's famous and you're not" crowd to join us. Welcome.
:thu:

I think it's more that Axl has contributed a helluva lot, not "ooh he's famous". Regardless of what he is now, his legacy speaks for itself. The guy's an asshole, sure, but he's a great performer and I've enjoyed GnR every time I've seen them - in 1992, 2009 and 2010 (vague years).

Archived