New Queensryche cd clips!

Sheik_Yerbouti

• Members

Kinda off topic ... saw Geoff Tate open for Alice Cooper last week. Geoff Tate was so horrible and lame I don't have the vocabulary to adequately convey how forgettable-ness of the performance or song writing. *barf*

Alice on the other hand put on an excellent show. Band was tight. Song Bang Song Bang Song Bang ... Subtitle: No {censored}ing around between songs. Finish song *click* *click* next song. Repeat for nearly 2 hours. Orianthi was one of the principle guitarists. While a sexy little tart and her playing was solid, meh, it was unimaginative to the point of being completely flat & boring; did nothing for me.

/tangent

• Members

Alice is a MACHINE live. He always has been and always will be one of the best live shows in the biz! Geoff has just completely, totally lost it, and in so many more ways than one.

I do agree that there's no way it can top DeGarmo-era 'Ryche, but it damn sure sounds a helluva lot closer than anything they've done since he left! The clips are a little too short to make a definitive opinion, but I actually like what I'm hearing. Then again, I'm an O.G. 'Rychehead from the VERY beginning, so I'm biased! thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Filter500 View Post
I'm a Queensryche fan, Mindcrime-HITNF at least, but that didn't do it for me at all.
You have to admit though, it's a step in the right direction.

I'm interested. I'll definitely be checking this out when it's released.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
I was at the liquor store at noon after a work meeting. They were playing Jet City Woman.

Damn, that was such a badass song.
If you bought absynthe I'm gonna be hearing, "SO THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN THREADS COLLIDE!" set to "worlds collide" in my head all afternoon.

• Members

sorry shane, that sounds like {censored} to me. geoff was the reason they were so beloved not wilton and degarmo and rockenfeld and the other guy I forgot his name. Geoff has a unique voice and an original approach to vocals that nobody else had. He may be more interested in his vinyards now and he may be a colossal douchebag by all accounts, but his voice is in rareified air and unmatched for the genre save for a few. This new guy has good pipes but this is some cookie cutter {censored} to me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp

View Post

sorry shane, that sounds like {censored} to me. geoff was the reason they were so beloved not wilton and degarmo and rockenfeld and the other guy I forgot his name. Geoff has a unique voice and an original approach to vocals that nobody else had. He may be more interested in his vinyards now and he may be a colossal douchebag by all accounts, but his voice is in rareified air and unmatched for the genre save for a few. This new guy has good pipes but this is some cookie cutter {censored} to me.

He's also the very person who's been dragging them down for years. Geoff of the 80's was awesome, I agree. This twat he became was nothing but a cancer to the band.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

If you bought absynthe I'm gonna be hearing, "SO THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN THREADS COLLIDE!" set to "worlds collide" in my head all afternoon.

I was looking for Absinthe. They only had Lucid and Grande Absente. I left with nothing, except for some Queesryche in my head for two days.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jnurp View Post

Actually, considering that the only commercial success they enjoyed was when DeGarmo was writing the music, I'd say you're selling HIS importance WAAAAY short, at the very least. Chris was the one responsible for the overall sound and orchestration of the music, not Geoff. It was Chris' music that made them the Pink Floyd of metal, and their critical and financial decline since his leaving speaks VOLUMES as to his importance in Queensryche's success. Also, Geoff has proven over the years that he can't write a song for {censored}ing {censored} without him, and has only succeeded in alienating all but the most sycophantic QR fanclub members. Look at the Amazon.com reviews of "Dedicated to Crap" for a nice cross-section of what the vast, overwhelming majority of long-term QR fans think about Geoff and what they have to say about DeGarmo's importance as the primary songwriter, I'm thinking you might have to revise that statement a little.

Of course, after Chris was pushed out by Tate, the rest of the actual band was allowed progressively less and less input in the songwriting department in favor of Tate nut-swingers like Kelly Gray (and even HE'S sick of G-off's {censored}), so I have a hard time saying anyone OTHER than Tate was responsible for the band's rapid decline into obscurity. Also, that "beloved" voice is nothing but a pale shadow of itself these days. Have you noticed that in EVERY live clip of Geoff for at LEAST the past ten years, whenever it's time to hit one of those high notes, he cops out with the whole "I can't sing this {censored} anymore, so I'll let the audience do it" trip?

Seriously man, check out those Amazon reviews, they're very enlightening.

• Members

I am a huge QR fan. QR should have just called it. It's as bad as Kiss touring. It won't work for QR imo.

WTF is up with music today that 50 year old dudes have to be leading the charge for new music?

What happened to the era changing and moving on every 10 years? It's just more 80's stuff reduex meh!

• Members

"James Jimbo Barton" is credited as the producer.

He Produced Operation Mincrine (Number one)

I have to believe that these small samples are not complete or this sampling has a different mix than will be on the record, as i can't believe that the Vocals would be mixed to sit that loud in the mix.

Can't wait to hear a complete finished song.

And Geoff tate does not aprove

geoff-tate.jpg

• Members

"James Jimbo Barton" is credited as the producer.

He Produced Operation Mincrine
(Number one)

I have to believe that these small samples are not complete or this sampling has a different mix than will be on the record, as i can't believe that the Vocals would be mixed to sit that loud in the mix.

Can't wait to hear a complete finished song.

And Geoff tate does not aprove

geoff-tate.jpg

If Geoff Tate had a gun this.......uh.....nevermind.

Archived