• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
Nice

now that is freakin awesome ! Perhaps there is a kit in your future ~Abstract~

I've got a few ideas for "kits".

Top of my list is a Warmoth strat.
Completely unfinished....with a quilted maple top on mahogany back. One piece maple neck. Reverse headstock. Chrome Floyd. Single bridge humbucker...possibly angled. I had a floyd for it...but another forumite needed it before I did...easy come, easy go. wink.gifthumb.gif

A Gibson Style kit like yours is on my short list too. Single Humbucker, Wraparound bridge, Volume and Tone, body and neck binding, trapezoid inlays, Goldtop.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil View Post
For someone with little to no woodwarking experience, how hard do these kits look to build?

http://www.pvxguitars.com/singlecut.html

(Zach posted this earlier)
I've got the same question - I'd love to try my hand at building a single cut, and don't have the woodworking setup to do the initial build, so this would be an awesome solution.

• Members

i think that other than some way to clamp in the neck (and that may not even be necessary), all you have to do is sand, finish, install hardware, and install frets/setup.

so, really not much woodworking to do.

i think.

my plan is to send the neck off to have SS frets installed by someone else (cuz, {censored} THAT {censored}). unless it's gonna be stupid spendy, then i'll just use nickel frets and do it myself.

• Members
according to their website "Glue-Up is a Snap"
yeah, but WTF does that mean? a snap for who?

i'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, and pretty good at getting guitars to play as good as they can, but i'm a ten thumbed moron when it comes to woodworking. something that's "a snap" for you might be like quantum mechanics for me. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux View Post

i'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, and pretty good at getting guitars to play as good as they can, but i'm a ten thumbed moron when it comes to woodworking. something that's "a snap" for you might be like quantum mechanics for me. icon_lol.gif
for the noOb , it looks like that neck wedges itself in , probably a damn good idea .

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux View Post

This ... all except for being handy with a soldering iron and setting up guitars

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
ummm...the dude with one sitting in his living room. You unboxed them and didn't check the fit? This is what you're saying?

cop.gif
oh you talking about my kit icon_lol.gif I thought you were talking about that other one in the link , so what was your question icon_lol.gif The Precision kits are just that , the 2 things that pop up when you read about them are their perfect neck joints and excellent fret work . It's all damn good . I did go about 1/2 on the neck it is very very snug and exact .I'll try one good test fit before I glue it .

• Members
oh you talking about my kit icon_lol.gif I thought you were talking about that other one in the link , so what was your question icon_lol.gif The Precision kits are just that , the 2 things that pop up when you read about them are their perfect neck joints and excellent fret work . It's all damn good . I did go about 1/2 on the neck it is very very snug and exact .I'll try one good test fit before I glue it .

I was trying to make an innuendo laden comment about tight slots...

Sounds like the tenon is snug. thumb.gif

Do YOU have to determine neck angle or is it already cut so that's a non-issue?

Are you gonna get a logo for it? I bet there are some Chinese dudes who would sell you one. lol Gibsun

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
I was trying to make an innuendo laden comment about tight slots...

Sounds like the tenon is snug. thumb.gif

Do YOU have to determine neck angle or is it already cut so that's a non-issue?

Are you gonna get a logo for it? I bet there are some Chinese dudes who would sell you one. lol Gibsun
yeah shes tight ! The angle is already cut . No logo but I may do some inlay work on it , all of this is new to me , gluing necks , inlay and whatnot , crosses fingers ...

Archived