my Les Paul arrived in 2 pieces

fretless

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fretless

View Post

on the short list is candy apple red with silver base , though it prolly won't happen , still a candy apple Paul is as sexy as it gets. check it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Custo...item4ab90f387a

I think that's the only color I've ever seen on a Paul I would choose over either Gold Top or Tobacco Burst. love.gif

• Members

I've been busy

stinger3.jpg

I did my first ever inlay work . I used Box Elder

pawz2.jpg

stinger2.jpg

just finished making some fresh Shellac and I did a "egg wash " sealer coat . It may take a few days for the shellac to disolve but I think I'll get the neck on tomorrow .

so you guys know the full story , we lost our beloved twins a couple months ago . Yin and Yang , sister tabbies . They were both 18 and had a wonderful life . Before they passed I had yang paint for me , she used "milk paint " I took those and did the inlay .

Yangpaints_8_26_12-1.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

That's awesome!

Sorry about the kittys. cry.gif

If one of my cats went walking thru paint like that, they would have "passed" too. cop.gif

Srsly cool story. Excited to see how it turns out. Great inlay work so far. I'd love to see more of the yin/yang on the back of the headstock.

Thanks man ! They were real special . I'll get more soon as I do some shellac , it should pop a little . That was a tiny inlay I scored off the bay .

jackplates.jpg

• Members

so here is where she is so far . I did an egg sealer , 1 Shellac wash coat and sprayed 3 coats of Shellac with a preval ( worked perfectly) . Just set the neck and now we wait .

clamps1.jpg

shellac1.jpg

shellac2.jpg

clamps2.jpg

the back is really stunning too , can't get the pic just yet .

and our new friend Ellie that we took in a few weeks back , you can see she has a deep concern for guitar assembly

biddy_2_11_25_12.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Fretless, sorry to hear about your loss with the kittehs! frown.gif

But that is freaking awesome what you decided to do with their paintings! Very cool!

Ellie is keeping things under control it looks like.

Thanks man , yeah they were a big part of our life for so many years . As pet owners know they are your "kids"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fretless

View Post

Thanks man , yeah they were a big part of our life for so many years . As pet owners know they are your "kids"

I completely understand. I've already informed my kitties they are not allowed to die because I don't want to lose them, but more importantly I don't want to deal with wifey after they pass.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

I completely understand. I've already informed my kitties they are not allowed to die because I don't want to lose them, but more importantly I don't want to deal with wifey after they pass.

won't be easy , enjoy life with them while they are with you . We ourselves can only hope to go the distance of a 80 or 90 year old kitteh.

Archived