Looking to determine value of Harry Joyce Custom 50 Head and speaker cabinet

Curious1

• Members

Anyone venture a guess on the value of HJ Custom 50 and speakers? Purchased new in 2000, used for less than one year and not very much during that time. Has been sitting since 2001 because owner passed away. It is reviewed in this forum by Edgar-BVY09 in on 11/19/00. It was hand wired by Harry Joyce before he passed away a few years later.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux View Post
never heard of harry joyce amps. there's all kinds of {censored} we've never heard of idn_smilie.gif

also, i've never really been into hiwatt stuff, so who was involved with any of it is irrelevant to me.
cry.gif

Harry Joyce was a legendary amp builder and well worth his place in amp history. cool.gif

• Members

This is amusing. Over 99% of the general population has never heard of Harry Joyce. You are not alone! Only if you are a gear head, would you have possibly. That's why I came here. No need to reply, "Don't know." for future posters. Thanks for replies, especially TGP.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
So are the dudes who designed all the original power circuits at RCA.

What were their names?

While shocking, I can understand where kfux is coming from. thumb.gif
Well Harry Joyce was the master craftsman, Dave Reeves was the circuit designer. Joyce's legacy was to bring the highest quality build ethos to the guitar amp world.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth Man View Post
Well Harry Joyce was the master craftsman, Dave Reeves was the circuit designer. Joyce's legacy was to bring the highest quality build ethos to the guitar amp world.

Yeah, I know that. I also know they all would have nothing to build or design if Western Electric didn't publish the original ideas. So they're still standing on the shoulders of giants.

Can you name the WE engineers?

I don't think HJ did anything that wouldn't have been done at some point anyway. Sooner or later, someone is gonna say..."Hey, why don't we build this to the highest quality possible?" Nothing new. Mercedes has been doing that for 100 years. There are others who actually changed the game...in reality, he just took his brand up a notch.

Also, to the noob...I bet 99% of HIWATT owners past, present, and future, don't know who Harry Joyce is. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
Yeah, I know that. I also know they all would have nothing to build or design if Western Electric didn't publish the original ideas. So they're still standing on the shoulders of giants.

Can you name the WE engineers?

I don't think HJ did anything that wouldn't have been done at some point anyway. Sooner or later, someone is gonna say..."Hey, why don't we build this to the highest quality possible?" Nothing new. Mercedes has been doing that for 100 years. There are others who actually changed the game...in reality, he just took his brand up a notch.
LOL!

• Members

A few years back someone posted a thread about finding a Harry Joyce Head out in some alley behind a club stacked with a bunch or garbage.
Was the first I had ever heard of this brand.
Amp worked perfectly.

Harry Joyce + Dave Reeves = Hiwatt.

Harry left and made his own version of the Hiwatt.

Reeves has his own Reeves amp line too.

Niether must own a stake in Hiwatt anymore, and both are dead.

fhd.jpg

medium1.jpg

-14872805609950630.jpg

Archived