So my band did a Pink Floyd cover show (vid)

atrox

• Members

Thanks. That is my Custom Shop Gilmour Strat through my 2203 believe it or not. I had it set to a slight OD and pushed it with a Guv'nor for the solos with some reverb and echo. I have a Ram's Head Muff, but i wanted it to be cleaner for that solo and the Guv'nor worked perfectly for that. I did use the Muff for the solo in "Time" however.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by atrox

View Post

Thanks. That is my Custom Shop Gilmour Strat through my 2203 believe it or not. I had it set to a slight OD and pushed it with a Guv'nor for the solos with some reverb and echo. I have a Ram's Head Muff, but i wanted it to be cleaner for that solo and the Guv'nor worked perfectly for that. I did use the Muff for the solo in "Time" however.

Very cool - the one "nice" guitar I don't yet have is a Strat.....and the only reason I'd need/want one is to sound like Glimour.....(as if).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SteinbergerHack

View Post

Very cool - the one "nice" guitar I don't yet have is a Strat.....and the only reason I'd need/want one is to sound like Glimour.....(as if).

I dont have it to sound like Gilmour. I have it because i'm a hopeless Fanboy. wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

You nailed the sound...and I preferred your phrasing.

Very very noice.

Wow! No one can give me any better compliment than to say i did Gilmour justice! Thanks man. I based it off the "Pulse" version. The parts were there, but i picked my own phrasings that better suit my style while adding Daves signature trem and vibrato touches.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

From one hopeless Gimour fanboy to another...Your solo gave me the chills just as David's does...Congrats, you rocked the {censored} out of that.

Well done. thumb.gif

Thank you sir. Means a ton to me to hear that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules

View Post

Sounds pretty good. Your singer doesn't sound apathetic enough though icon_lol.gif

Really nice job on the guitar parts though.

Thanks. Well, my band doesn't really have a singer. We are a progressive instrumental trio. We just got some people we know to do the vocals with very little time. I think they all did a good job for what they did.

PS: I'll repost Time as soon as it's uploaded

• Members

View Post

Wow! No one can give me any better compliment than to say i did Gilmour justice! Thanks man. I based it off the "Pulse" version. The parts were there, but i picked my own phrasings that better suit my style while adding Daves signature trem and vibrato touches.

I've heard some pretty bad renditions where its just a bunch of pentatonic wankery. Nice job!

• Members

View Post

Thanks. Me too. I worked hard to do it justice.

As "simple" as Gilmour's note choices are, his solos (especially that one) are incredibly difficult to master. There is so much feeling, and bending and technique involved in his playing...

Let me tell you, you did it very very well man. I've heard a lot of versions of that song, and there's been two that have given me the chills...The original, and yours. Take that for a compliment. thumb.gifsmile.gif

Archived