Working on Possible Trade: Budda SD30 MkII 1x12 for my Orange RV50 Head

TU BE

• Members

tough call

I like the buddah better than the rockerverb...but not better than the rocker 30. IMO, the superdrive series has a LOT in common with the rocker 30, just more refined and brighter.

I'm liking the sound of this :thu:

Plus the SD has an fx loop!

• Members

I think you're way upside down in that trade. I see SD30 2x12 combos all the time in the $750-$800 range. I've never once seen an RV50 head go for that, even if it is gigged

Brand new the SD30 2x12 is $1900 brand new from Sweetwater.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SD30-212?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CMLLuqqz8rMCFQ0GnQodnUcAVA

So these things are selling for less than half of the brand new price on the used market? The 1x12 combos are $1700 new. There is a used SD30 1x12 on ebay with a BIN of $1195.

Brand new RV50's on ebay starting at $1400 BIN.

I'm not seeing a huge mismatch but if I am wrong someone please show me. I have done the research.

• Members

So these things are selling for less than half of the brand new price on the used market? The 1x12 combos are $1700 new. There is a used SD30 1x12 on ebay with a BIN of $1195.

I'm not seeing a huge mismatch but if I am wrong someone please show me. I have done the research.

he's got a point though....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Budda-Superdrive-30-Series-II-2x12-30-watt-Combo-/160926469165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2577f70c2d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Budda-Superdrive-II-30-1x12-w-case-/290782986650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b404419a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Budda-Superdrive-30-Series-II-2x12-30-Watt-Combo-/110972187580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d67533bc

2x12s for around $900... 1x12s for around $700.... seems like that's what they're SELLING for. Listed prices are kinda pointless unless it sells.

• Members

that budda is a WAY better sounding amp, and way more dynamic than the orange. i'm no fan of rockers, for sure, but the budda's are nice amps- and oughta give you a way broader spectrum of sounds. oranges are just expensive because they're trendy and they used to be great amps, not cause they're great amps NOW... buddas are great amps that nobody really knows are great amps.

• Members

You are right in the fact that new prices are comparable , but that doesn't mean squat on the used market. When Peavey took over production of Budda , they raised their selling price while at the same time making their used value tank. If you look , even just a little bit , Id bet you can find a 2x12 SD30 II for under $800. My local Music Go Round has a 2x12 that's dead mint. They have it priced at $799 and they told me theyd take $650 cash. I don't know if Ive ever seen a RV 50 go for under $1k . Used market values on those two amps just don't match up imo. On any given day , I would say the RV50 is worth $400 more give or take.

That being said , I LOVE the SD30 and I prefer the sound of it to the RV50. Still wouldn't even consider a straight trade though . No matter how you slice it , NOW , Buddas are classified as Peavey amps and Peaveys (while being some of the best sounding amps on the planet imo) have one of the worst resale values in the game. {censored}ty but true

Archived